Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minneapolis Engine Swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
addwestern
I've got a customer who needs an engine swap in the Minneapolis area. He wants to swap out 1.7 long blocks and mount and tune his dual Weber 40s.

If interested, please let me know a price. I expect to talk with him again tomorrow.

Thanks- Nate
lotus_65
more info, I guess...

he's swapping out a 1.7 for a what? does he have FI now?
are the webers new-ish or will they need attention?
does he have all the linkage?

Thanks
Paul, Uptown Mpls.
addwestern
They are new carbs with all of the linkage- the new engine will be stripped of the FI, yet have all of the tins ready to go on it. Basically, he's putting in a good used engine to make a runner.

Nate
lotus_65
right on, that's easy. i'll talk with a buddy and pm you before tomorrow.

btw, what's his time frame? if i could do it, it would have to be done by memorial day.

thanks,

paul
addwestern
He'd like to do it ASAP. I'd probably have the engine shipped to you within a week and he'll deliver the car. He'd like to have the car on the road soon.

lotus_65
thanks, i'll pm you tonight.
iamchappy
Paul I would find out the condition of this car first off, if it's rusted crusted engine breaking loose some of the fasteners may become quite a chore sometimes one thing leads to another. Be prepared, you may need all of the tools available. Exhaust condition, transmission, ask more ? 's
lotus_65
good points, thanks chappy.
addwestern
No actually, the car itself has been freshly restored, but the shoip doing the work was more of a muscle car outlet- the fasteners all should be in very good order. On the initial test drive the engine took a dump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.