Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving suit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Need to purchase a driving suit for POC and NASA( finally getting some track time).. Looking for suggestons, pro / cons, where to purchase ( best $) any thoughts?

Thank you
grantsfo
Try to go to a place were you can try them on. I think you have Simpson store in Torrance or LA area? Get one that is as light as possible with as many layers as you can get. Dont think you want a big heavy suit for LA tracks.
woobn8r
Most rules spec 3 layers... SFi 3-2A/5...

I suggest a two layer suit with nomex underwear...This way you can wash the underwear and keep your suit in decent shape. while still keeping the spec.

You don't have to wear the nomex underwear under a 3 layer suit, but, you'll still wear a t-shirt or somthing...the 3 layer is also less flexible

Many manufacturers have strech panels ...around the arms and at the lower back are good places as this gives you some movement.

Personally I like a "soft" collar but that is just my preference....There are plenty of options (like quick dry lining) and your wallet is the defining factor (as in all racing)....just get one that fits and is comfortable. Mine is made by "LEAF" and its okay...Oh, and don't get white....
Thanks for the feed back,
I ended up ordering the OMP Trend 2 today from ODOC.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.