Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7" & 8" wheels on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Was just wondering about the16"- 7" & 8" wheels on Ebay for $549.00, (sorry, I don't know how to put a link to them on here) I see them advertised quite often and was considering purchasing them. Was wondering if anyone had any idea if they are a good wheel to buy or to avoid them. I know cheaper isn't always better & I don't want to buy a cat in a sack. Was thinking of reworking the spokes by having them polished as the centers and spokes are all black. Please advise.

Lyle
GeorgeRud
Check out the 17" repros on this thread page. Real Fuchs are considered stronger, but they're getting old enough that some are starting to crack from what I've heard.
SirAndy
QUOTE(partwerks @ Apr 16 2007, 05:36 PM) *

Was just wondering about the16"- 7" & 8" wheels on Ebay for $549.00

got a link?
confused24.gif Andy
burton73
I have never heard of 16” forged Fuchs getting cracks. Cast wheels are not the same weight or strength. I do not know what the new generations of repros are before these from the Philippines but the cast repros from 20 years ago where heavy junk. Also real 7” and 8” on EBay if the correct offset never go for $549. I got a set of real Fuchs from a Turbo Carrera for $1,000 and that was a good deal. Picked them up so no freight. Someone like Al Reed would know if real Fuchs were failing.

Bob
So.Cal.914

(sorry, I don't know how to put a link to them on here)

If you know how to copy and paste, just hi-light the address at the top of the page,

click 'copy' , then come to the reply page for this forum and click on the reply box,

then click 'Paste'. I think thats the easiest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.