Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Cells and Gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
drew365
I just thought I would share a few of my experiences with you guys and see if anyone has any info to add. I installed a new Fuel Safe cell in my car several months ago. It is a 12 gallon, model ED112. The shop that installed it could not get the stock gauge to work so I used the old wood dip stick method for a couple of events. I got tired of that and began to investigate the problem myself. I'll leave out most of the wasted efforts I went through and tell you that I was able to get a VDO gauge to work. Of course the trick is to match the sender and gauge and then calibrate the gauge using Fuel Safe instructions exactly. The sender that came on my cell is a 0/90 ohm meaning it puts out 0 ohm empty and 90 ohm full. The VDO gauge is also 0/90 ohm, but did not work properly until I calibrated it using the instructions. I understand that the fuel cell can also be ordered with a 76/6 ohm sender. I never found out what the range is for our stock gauges. Does anyone know?
Aaron Cox
i 'BELIEVE' stock is also 0-90 ohms. dr evil did a nice writeup on it i think
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.