Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor location, 1.8 liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davesprinkle
I just set the static timing on my 74 1.8. Note from the pic that the advance diaphragm housing is hard against the boot of the cold start injector. Is this right? Is yours like this?

Thanks.
-dave sprinkle
Twystd1
Are those solid or braided copper racing wires?

Clayton
McMark
Swap your plug wires one spot counter-clockwise. Usually the canister lines up with the oil filler bail wire.
JeffBowlsby
Now thats a fine lookin' FI harness if I ever saw one... drooley.gif laugh.gif

Those dizzy wires look right to me...in 1-4-3-2 order right?
McMark
On second though, check your distributor drive orientation.

Details Here
davesprinkle
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Apr 17 2007, 10:45 PM) *

Clayton

Uh, I dunno. I called up Dave at GPR and asked for set of Bosch wires. That's what he sent. Will racing wires make my 1.8liter fast?
davesprinkle
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 17 2007, 10:50 PM) *

Swap your plug wires one spot counter-clockwise. Usually the canister lines up with the oil filler bail wire.

Yeah, tried that. The bail wire is roughly 45' CW from the current location of the diaphragm housing. If I move the plug wires, I'll subsequently need to rotate the distributor 90'. But I can't get 90' of CW rotation out of the distributor because the diaphragm housing crashes into the case.
jd74914
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Apr 18 2007, 11:54 AM) *

Clayton

Uh, I dunno. I called up Dave at GPR and asked for set of Bosch wires. That's what he sent. Will racing wires make my 1.8liter fast?

No, they will just interfere with your radio smile.gif
davesprinkle
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 17 2007, 11:44 PM) *

Now thats a fine lookin' FI harness if I ever saw one... drooley.gif laugh.gif

Those dizzy wires look right to me...in 1-4-3-2 order right?

Yeah, those ARE nice, aren't they? I know this guy who reworked it for me. He does great work. Coincidentally, his name is Jeff, too...
davesprinkle
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 18 2007, 02:44 AM) *

Details Here

McMark, I betcha that's the problem. Upon reflection, I remember that I DID have the drive out of the case. Prolly didn't put it back in properly. Thanks for the tip.
SirAndy
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Apr 18 2007, 08:10 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 18 2007, 02:44 AM) *

Details Here

McMark, I betcha that's the problem. Upon reflection, I remember that I DID have the drive out of the case. Prolly didn't put it back in properly. Thanks for the tip.

happend to me too. on my then new motor. the builder somehow thought it would be cool to install the drive 90 deg. off.

took me a few weeks to figure it out ...
headbang.gif Andy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Apr 18 2007, 08:54 AM) *

Clayton

No. But they will empty your wallet fast! av-943.gif Sorry... I crack myself up sometimes...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.