Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: looks like vonage might go away....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
vonage has lost litigation with verizon over patent infringement and is currently operating under a stay from a federal judge. the next ruling is to come on 4/24 when vonage may be told the show is over. now i know that the fcc would not likely tell a company with millions of customers to pull the switch immediately, but i want to be ready when/if it becomes clear the vonage will not be able to continue operations.

soooo.......

you'se guys have any recommendations on other VOIP providers? seems like Joi, Sunrocket and Viatalk are getting good reviews. suggestions of course are welcome....

cheers....
Sparky
I've been a happy customer of Packet8 for 2 and half years now.

Link:

Packet 8

My best,
Mike D.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Sparky @ Apr 18 2007, 05:59 AM) *

I've been a happy customer of Packet8 for 2 and half years now.

Link:

Packet 8

agree.gif
914Sixer
Look for VOIP players to go away UNLESS they want to pay. I work for Verzion and they are going after everybody that is using their technology that is patented.
scottb
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 18 2007, 12:20 PM) *

Look for VOIP players to go away UNLESS they want to pay. I work for Verzion and they are going after everybody that is using their technology that is patented.

well it would appear that the validity of the patents that verizon in basing their suits upon is tenuous but unfortunately vonage doesn't have the deep legal pockets to make the full case. it will be interesting to see how this plays out. doubt that the land line companies will be able to pull the virtual plug on the voip market as that is the way things are heading.

am looking at joiphone as they have a good deal going on right now.

cheers all........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.