Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A break from Work in NJ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
After one of the worst rain storms in 100 years, over 8 inches. The "stream" next to my office took on a new appearance. I'm on the 4th floor so no damage....

....just wish the weather was better/warmer to take the teener out....warmer, dryer weather on the way this weekend.
KaptKaos
Where is that?
rmital
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Apr 18 2007, 10:15 AM) *

Where is that?

Wayne, NJ.
rmital
The stream that created this mess is actually all the way behind the building in this picture. The River that feeds that stream will crest some time today. I might not get back to work for another day or two.
rmital
Traffic thru this area has been a mess too....
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 18 2007, 10:25 AM) *

Traffic thru this area has been a mess too....

..yeah Richie (nycchef), worse than usual.
Joisey
God what a nightmare 23, 46 and 80 must be for you. I have it easy on the thruway.
rmital
QUOTE(Joisey @ Apr 18 2007, 11:30 AM) *

God what a nightmare 23, 46 and 80 must be for you. I have it easy on the thruway.

46 is closed today. I'm staying clear of the area till all is done. Up here in Bergen County it's all normal. Just not enough sun.
Howard
My son sent this from Lake Teterboro. aktion035.gif

STL914
In 1993, the Mississippi River went a tad bit over its banks here in the St. Louis area. I was amazed at the power of the water, actually saw a two story farm house torn off its foundation and be destroyed as it was swept away.

http://mo.water.usgs.gov/Reports/1993-Flood/photos.htm
i love porsche
the rain was crazy, our house was the only house on the block without water in our basement, because our sump pump works...its a good thing too because my room is down there
So.Cal.914
Looks like global warming to me... rolleyes.gif Stay safe.

Click to view attachment
yarin
Yea I heard NJ got hit really hard. Plus most of it is flat so there is nowhere for the water to go. We have 6" of rain here in CT.

Here are a few pics from my company:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infinitelydig...57600082446041/

There is normally about 4-5 feet between that foot bridge and the river. NUTS! Luckily the bridge didn't get washed away. Water is powerful.

IPB Image
rmital
QUOTE(yarin @ Apr 18 2007, 02:44 PM) *

Yea I heard NJ got hit really hard. Plus most of it is flat so there is nowhere for the water to go.

...hope the Meadowlands drains by Sunday...
turboman808
I went running by Tetterboro yesterday. That was tricky but I was able to finish. Just lots of detours and wet feet.

Worse monday night I went to Axis near the satdium and it was completely flooded. So instead I went to the titty bar up the street for diner. We will keep that a secret from the girlfriend biggrin.gif
yarin
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Apr 18 2007, 03:52 PM) *

I went running by Tetterboro yesterday. That was tricky but I was able to finish. Just lots of detours and wet feet.

Worse monday night I went to Axis near the satdium and it was completely flooded. So instead I went to the titty bar up the street for diner. We will keep that a secret from the girlfriend biggrin.gif

Is the meadowlands flooded? Sure hope not!

Nathan - nothing beats good chicken wings a few beers combined with some neked tities. U sure your gf doesn't read 914world? happy11.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(yarin @ Apr 18 2007, 12:15 PM) *

Nathan - nothing beats good chicken wings a few beers combined with some neked tities. U sure your gf doesn't read 914world? happy11.gif

Naw she hardly knows a thing about cars. I think they scare her. She wouldn't give a shit if I picked her up in a broken down car or a ferrari. Which is funny because I will be doing a photo shoot with 20 ferraris and lamobs when she comes up on the 5th and she will be mad bored I think.
yarin
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Apr 18 2007, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(yarin @ Apr 18 2007, 12:15 PM) *

Naw she hardly knows a thing about cars. I think they scare her. She wouldn't give a shit if I picked her up in a broken down car or a ferrari. Which is funny because I will be doing a photo shoot with 20 ferraris and lamobs when she comes up on the 5th and she will be mad bored I think.

Really... photo or vid? With models? For who/what? I've got pro-sumer canon gear and a strong passion for photography. If you ever need a hand or find opportunity for some work let me know!

turboman808
QUOTE(yarin @ Apr 18 2007, 01:28 PM) *

Really... photo or vid? With models? For who/what? I've got pro-sumer canon gear and a strong passion for photography. If you ever need a hand or find opportunity for some work let me know!

Yeah me and my partners have been making connections and once you get that first solid one the rest just fall into place. Made a ton of contacts at the autoshow last weekend.

But my ultimate goal is to make a sorta Motorsports Diary for the year. Think I am gonna call it "NYC Motorsports Year 1". I have all the people in place to push it when it comes out and the distributors so I just have to get some good cars, women, photos and racing. The rest is a done deal!!!

With this and my party promotion and spending half my free time in Austin I left my car sitting in storage all smashed up. Thats killing me. No time for racing or enjoying it this year. sad.gif

I will let you know if I ever need someone in a pinch. Kinda have a gentleman's agreement with 2 people on all projects.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.