Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
just putting a big bore 96mm cylinder piston kit on my stock headed 2.0 with a 280 cam and a set of 40mm webers??

Jim
So.Cal.914
Nope. I believe it will be a 2056, I hear they run very well.
Gint
The zambeziteen is a 2056 built on a 1.8 case/heads with 2.0 crank/rods and 96mm P/C's with 40 IDF's and Mallory dizzy. Runs pretty good.
type47
well, i for one am opposed. let's hear about the SBC project ... once you feel all that power, the 2056 won't do biggrin.gif
scotty b
agree.gif poke.gif
jimkelly
guys

v8 is all together and running - need to test drive it more but have not had time to.

need to get a video of it with engine running.

jim

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Apr 18 2007, 05:41 PM) *

guys

v8 is all together and running - need to test drive it more but have not had time to.

jim

Not to be rude, although I often am, how is this an "upgrade"? No offense, but you're making the displacement bigger, and it can easily be argued that you're NOT making it better. "Upgrade " means to make it better, like a better seat on the plane, or a bigger room at the hotel. 96 mm pistons can be noisy, are not generally the quality of Mahle pistons, and make the engine run hotter. The Cap'n
jimkelly
i hear ya - like having twins or tripltes versus only one girl friend : )

i am all ears - what do you suggest?

i have a 1.7, a 1.8 and a 2.0 to start with.

jim - father of two - husband of one : )

--

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 18 2007, 05:11 PM) *

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Apr 18 2007, 05:41 PM) *

guys

jim

Not to be rude, although I often am, how is this an "upgrade"? No offense, but you're making the displacement bigger, and it can easily be argued that you're NOT making it better. "Upgrade " means to make it better, like a better seat on the plane, or a bigger room at the hotel. 96 mm pistons can be noisy, are not generally the quality of Mahle pistons, and make the engine run hotter. The Cap'n

sean_v8_914
what is a "280" cam? brand?
what brand of pistons?
what brand cylinders?
jimkelly
280 degree i guess or some other medium cam

i guess i could get all from raby

maybe fi if about the same cost - megasquirt or sds?

jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.