Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: meadowlands this weekend?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jonferns
Any local guys going to check out the auto-x this weekend? Thinking of swinging by
yarin
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Apr 18 2007, 07:27 PM) *

is there a Autox event this weekend at the meadowlands (NJ)??? I would spectate I guess, just to get a feel for it....thanks.....anyone???

Porsche club of Northern NJ (NNJR) has one scheduled for Sunday. I will be there, unless the parking lot is flooded or damaged.

Come by and say HI.
Dominic L
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Apr 18 2007, 03:27 PM) *

is there a Autox event this weekend at the meadowlands (NJ)??? I would spectate I guess, just to get a feel for it....thanks.....anyone???

Absolutely!! As Yarin, Sunday. Can't wait either. It's been 2 long weeks for me without an autocross race and I'm Jonesing big time!! NNJR PCA event. Look for the black -6 and I'll be nearby. Also, do you still have the red car for sale? Shoot me an email or Im with the details on the rust situation if you still have it.
QUOTE(yarin @ Apr 18 2007, 05:02 PM) *

Porsche club of Northern NJ (NNJR) has one scheduled for Sunday. I will be there, unless the parking lot is flooded or damaged.

Come by and say HI.

No flood there Yarin! I pass by there on my way home from work everyday and the lots are dry as can be. I see you had your car there on Easter Sunday. She running ok? Be good to see ya again.
yarin

No flood there Yarin! I pass by there on my way home from work everyday and the lots are dry as can be. I see you had your car there on Easter Sunday. She running ok? Be good to see ya again.

Yes I was there with Motorsports NE. First time out with my ebay Hoosier A6 tires. Cold as hell, but a lot of fun.

I'm really looking forward to warm weather this Sunday. Car is running well. It stops, it goes, it turns and a little more.
Dominic L
QUOTE(yarin @ Apr 18 2007, 07:06 PM) *

Yes I was there with Motorsports NE. First time out with my ebay Hoosier A6 tires. Cold as hell, but a lot of fun.

I'm really looking forward to warm weather this Sunday. Car is running well. It stops, it goes, it turns and a little more.

Warm weather? What's that? confused24.gif biggrin.gif

See ya Sunday!
yarin
What an amazing day!! Weather was absolutely perfect, almost 80 degrees and completely sunny. About 5 914s showed up. It was great hanging with 914 heads from the board.

My car hooked up really really well, I couldn't have asked for more. Power was even sufficient for this course. I was about 3 seconds from FTD, my best time being a 54.66. I'm really getting along well with this car, it's a blast to drive!

The tires were unreal, i'm definitely going to buy used Hoosiers takeoffs next season too. We'll see how long they last though. Everything stuck to them.

Here are a few favorites..

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rest of the pics here (Didn't have time to edit any of the pics)

I threw together a nice little VIDEO COMPILATION. Adobe Premiere 2.0 Rocks!

All in all a really good day, can't wait for the next autox! It's fun as hell whooping on people with double or triple the horsepower. A new GT3-RS showed up, but didn't push it at all. We got a total of 7 runs, about 120 drivers.

914s rule! aktion035.gif
Dominic L
Nice camera work, Yarin! thumb3d.gif Congratulations on a nice time too. pray.gif You missed your trophy by leaving early but I think you can get it next time? Not real sure on that one though. Good work kiddo!! See you next Sunday with a lot less rear bar and a heavier left foot!

Now we need to get a few more teeners involved. It's nice seeing some 30 something year old cars kick butt on the newer high dollar cars!!
yarin
QUOTE(Dominic L @ Apr 23 2007, 08:26 PM) *

Nice camera work, Yarin! thumb3d.gif Congratulations on a nice time too. pray.gif You missed your trophy by leaving early but I think you can get it next time? Not real sure on that one though. Good work kiddo!! See you next Sunday with a lot less rear bar and a heavier left foot!

Now we need to get a few more teeners involved. It's nice seeing some 30 something year old cars kick butt on the newer high dollar cars!!

Thanks Dom!

My co-driver wanted to get out of there so I had to miss trophy time. I'll grab a plaque next time around. I still have my 2006 plaque from last year with one item on it. Since the car is finally running well I'm going to try to autox as much as possible.

I won't be at the meadowlands next Sunday, I'll be autocrossing at Hershey.

I uploaded my video to stage6 (divx), MUCH higher resolution/quality than google video. Check it out:
http://stage6.divx.com/user/yarink/video/1...-NNJR-PCA-AutoX

More teeners more teeners! There are still a few lurkers that need to come out. Don't be shy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.