Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 VW-Porsche Badge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jonferns
hey! just wondering...the badges that go on the rear, were specified for us-spec/euro-spec 914's. right??? the reason I ask this is because I wonder whether the 914 VW-Porsche badge would look out of place on a '74 1.8....thanks for the help
smg914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Apr 18 2007, 07:04 PM) *

hey! just wondering...the badges that go on the rear, were specified for us-spec/euro-spec 914's. right??? the reason I ask this is because I wonder whether the 914 VW-Porsche badge would look out of place on a '74 1.8....thanks for the help

You would have to drill a bunch of new holes and the holes that are already there don't line up and can not be used for the Euro emblem.
Pat Garvey
I wouldn't do it. Looks cute, but aside from all the extra holes you'd have to drill (shudder!), which would have to welded over if you change your mind, you probably have side marker lights, USA rear lenses & front, and a steering wheel that you'd have to change to make a simple badge look right.

I've had a couple of these insignias for 30+ years, but never the guts to use them. If I ever buy a Euro 914, I'll use them then. Conversation pieces only right now.
Pat
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 5 2007, 07:32 PM) *

I wouldn't do it. Looks cute, but aside from all the extra holes you'd have to drill (shudder!), which would have to welded over if you change your mind, you probably have side marker lights, USA rear lenses & front, and a steering wheel that you'd have to change to make a simple badge look right.

I've had a couple of these insignias for 30+ years, but never the guts to use them. If I ever buy a Euro 914, I'll use them then. Conversation pieces only right now.
Pat

Changed my mind! Some of this crap has to go. Just threw 2 dissasembled 150 mph speedos in the trash, along with a number of unusable 914 parts - most have been around for too many years to be usable.

Anyway, one "914-VW-Porsche" bad is still left. Never used. Owned since the 70's. Black finish. PN 914.559.111.10. Any interest?

Never mind - I should put this in the classifieds to give everyone a fair shot at it.

Pat
jonferns
pat, you have a PM -JON biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.