Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Welcome Joe Ricard...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Hey Gang,

We are more than pleased welcome Joe Ricard as our new Paddock Master.

I’m sure many of you know Joe through his posts here on the board. We specifically sought him out for his passion toward “whopping the pants off anything that wants to go up against him” w00t.gif

Here’s a little background:

Joe’s owned Porsches since 1992. His 1st car was a 78 silver 5 speed 928. Like many of us, Joe did all his own work on that wonderful car so he could afford to keep it.

When his son was old enough to drive Joe helped him buy a 74 Porsche 914 "The Cool Blue Teener", and of course, Joe did all the work on that car as a matter of habit. He then decided he needed a 914 for himself (smart man) so he found his current 70 Porsche 914 in Seattle. As an ex-California car it had very little rust. It was an original D-jet 1.7L car that was used as a street legal vintage racer. Joe bought the car and drove it to Mississippi (3500 miles) in 3 days.

Joe got involved in “Autocrossing” just 3 years ago (see… you can do it too!) To date, Joe has logged over 400 Autocross runs and 2 lapping days on a road course! He ended up building a bigger better 2.0L motor and transmission, and somehow decided bigger flares and wheels were required then fiberglass body panels and even wider wheels and real slicks and new race shocks and, and, and… (this site can be harmful to your wallet.) Of course, a newer bigger motor is now in the works. Joe currently has the only street legal X Prepared SCCA Porsche 914. Joe states; “Pretty soon it will no longer be street legal and then I can buy a truck and trailer. Then it will get REAL fast.”

Sound familiar? confused24.gif

Welcome to the madness Joe! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 19 2007, 09:55 AM) *

We are more than pleased welcome Joe Ricard as our new Paddock Master.

smilie_pokal.gif
72914S
Paddock master? Don`t critters post-2-1117899824.gif in there? av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif Joe is a great guy! I`m glad to call him a friend.
yarin
Welcome Joe!

Congrats on the promotion... beer3.gif

I'll do my best to actively contribute to the Paddock this season if all goes my way.
URY914
Joe, did you change your last name?
TROJANMAN
We are more than pleased welcome Joe Richard as our new Paddock Master.

It would be nice if you got the name right poke.gif biggrin.gif
OF course, I always thought his last name was Racer, and his first name Redneck laugh.gif
hey joe wavey.gif
URY914
You know how those rednecks have two first names like Billy Bob. Well Joe Richard Ricard. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
A little further south, and across the Yucatan, and we could call him Jose Ricardo
balljoint
Good choice.

I have been a member of the Joe Ricard Fan Club for a loooong time. idea.gif

biggrin.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif

Hooray for Joe! boldblue.gif mueba.gif
McMark
Fixed the spelling... pinch.gif

Welcome to the insanity! teef.gif
Eric_Shea
Sorry... sometimes my fingers decide to do their own thing wacko.gif
Joe Ricard
And I got a snazzy title too.
Hope to be a good example of can be done to a perfectly good car in 3 years or less.
watsonrx13
Congratulations Joe, now get out there and kick some A$$.... smilie_pokal.gif

-- Rob
URY914
Joe, you're my hero. smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 20 2007, 06:19 AM) *

Joe, you're my hero. smilie_pokal.gif

+1
seanery
Congrats Joe! thumb3d.gif
DerekKim
Haha yes! Sorry Joe things have been crazy lately. Trying to wrap up this semester. Sounds like fun! You still need the bushings? Let me know.

P.S. Joe is the man! He will definitely be able to help. He's helped me keep my car going!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.