Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hmm will this work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrhurtalot
kn intake from AA

SLITS
Just more dirt in the engine. Filter element is less restrictive (read more porous) so particles can get through.

Trekkor could make one with PVC fittings from Home Depot.

My opinion - other's opinions may vary.
Chris Pincetich
Sure...you might get cooler air over by cyl #2 instead of over the cooling fan intake zone....maybe? Looks nice beerchug.gif
ottox914
I made a similar kit with some plumbing left overs and a K/N filter, mounted directly under the engine lid grill, with no rain tray. I used a GTECH, not the most scientific of testing, and recorded an 8hp increase, and this was after 5 runs, toss the high and low, average the middle 3 runs. I was suprized to say the least. The problem I had was that it was so tall to get right up to the engine grill, that if everything wasn't tightened just right, not to much, not to little, I'd rock it right off the throttle body at an auto cross. Some side to side bracing would have helped.
mrhurtalot
reason its turned that way was because the new vacumme lines i bought, the red one isnt long enough to have the filter turned to the side.

ill be making some bracing soon enought. just not a top priority right now.
r_towle
it will never work.
Take it off, send it to me, I will dispose of it for you.

Rich
mills914/s
I like K&n filters they are less restrictive than normal air filters giving more air flow. Like Slits says (more porous) Thats why you have to oil them the oil catches the stuff that will get through the filter. So actually in my oppinion I think they work as good if not better (if properly used maintained and oiled) than other filters.
Just my 2 cents
Seth
SGB
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Apr 19 2007, 05:11 PM) *

I made a similar kit with some plumbing left overs and a K/N filter, mounted directly under the engine lid grill, with no rain tray. I used a GTECH, not the most scientific of testing, and recorded an 8hp increase, and this was after 5 runs, toss the high and low, average the middle 3 runs. I was suprized to say the least. The problem I had was that it was so tall to get right up to the engine grill, that if everything wasn't tightened just right, not to much, not to little, I'd rock it right off the throttle body at an auto cross. Some side to side bracing would have helped.

I'm a carb guy, but when I put long manifolds on, it made a colassal difference in torque. That may cost some top end, but high ultimate speed is not what a 914 does best anyway. I think the benifit from this setup may come from the fluid dynamics at work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.