Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tollerance for flywheel turning?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I am taking my extra flyweel to get turned. It has been sitting in a box with the pressure plate & clutch attatched. Once I took off the clutch & pressure plate I could see some damage from what looks to have been a rivet. Since it is my extra I am not to worried if it doesn't come out. SO how much can I safely take off? 10thousandths? 20thousandths? 30 thousandths? Doesn't look like it has been turned before. /thanks
BMXerror
I think this is one of those things you're just going to have to try. Like with any machining, take a little at a time and see what you're dealing with. I'm planning on lightening my flywheel, but I think I'll find a spare first, in case I screw it up. Let us know what you find out.
Mark D.
Justinp71
This is for a 914/6 flywheel, which may or may not be the same. I do know that the 'a' dimension is the same. Note the 'c' dimension will tell you how much you can machine.

Also when they machined mine they took off 12 thousandth's and it had a little groove in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.