Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pressure gage hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
adam912
Hey guys--in the race car thread there's a pic of one of Brad's motors. Where do I get that hose he's used to extend the pressure feed to the sender? Mine is presently on a 3 inch piece of 1/4NPT pipe sticking up from the shroud and of course it limits dizzy rotation. Relocating off to the side looks like a smart thing to do....

Adam Reed
Ashland Oregon
1966 912 with 2.2 liter T4 (yahooo baby!!!!)
Brad Roberts
Hey hey... we are up too 3 912 guy's now.. that 912 board must be REAL boring...LOL

Welcome.. clap56.gif

VDO sells a kit.. or you will find that hose in a hardware store... grease gun replacement hose.

B
2-OH!
Brad:

Where can a person get the metric fittings to thread into the block...VDO says they are out of kits, so is Pelican...

2-OH!
maf914
Aircooled.net sells a hose for the relocating the VDO dual sender. I think its listed with their gages and accessories.

http://www.aircooled.net/

Mike
Brad Roberts
It's a tapered fit... not really a metric fitting (which is why a grease gun hose MIGHT work)

The VDO kit is on the shelf at:

1-650-364-6234 (or toll free 877-914-4YOU)

Call in around 3pm Ca. time.

b
adam912
Dang straight about every 912 board I've seen, Brad!!! Non-stock seems to be TOO SCARY for the 912 crowd... Hey, my '66 has 450K miles on it so anything I do to it at this point is GRAVY BABY!!!

Anyone who's been faced with $1500 for a 912 crank should be open to alternatives. Ya think? So that's how I ended up with a T4 with 45 Dells, 103 jugs with Keith Black Chebby 327 pistons ($25 apiece! wahoo!), 66mm counterweighted crank, etc etc. MAN is this car fun to drive now!

I've been snooping here for a while, my 2 favorite sites are here and the Shoptalk site. You guys are the real deal!

cheers
Adam
steve@ottosvenice.com
Hows the bottom end power with that comb in the 912? steve
Scott
Rich Bontempi has them at HPH (Hogh Performance House) in Redwood City.
Brad Roberts
Umm Scott ?? Did you not recognize the number I gave him ?

LOL

B
adam912
Steve asked Howz the bottom end?

Well I've got to tell you that after 30 years of living with various flavors of a slightly tweeked 912 motor (1750 kit, slightly warmed cam, 36 Dells, etc) I finally have a use for the 911S suspension in my ol' car! The car is completely transformed.

Bottom end torque in a 912 is a Very Good Thing! Powering out of a corner is a concept new to me. Any of you who've put a big motor in a 914 know what I mean...I do have to be careful punching it in the rain, but otherwise WAHOO! Actually...in the rain...WAHOO! Heh heh! I have always driven the 912 hard, which always meant winding the revs out pretty good to have any fun. The car is far easier to drive now as the torque curve extends way down. Hi revs are no longer a necessity but a pleasure when I'm really romping. And day-to-day driving in traffic you have this casual power on tap at 2500 RPM, almost like big Dee-troit iron but without the weight or agility penalty.

The magic comes from the fact that the T4 motor is NOT a lot heavier than the 912. So I have the added grunt without making the car any tail-happier than what I've lived with all these years.

Highly recommended!
AJR
maf914
Adam,

How are those cast iron 103 cylinders holding up? How many miles? Still sealing?

I ask because I'm sure you know all of the Shoptalk talk about them! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sounds like fun, though.

I suppose you saw the photos and stories about Griznant's 2056 T4 912 installation. That was a nice job.

Mike
Scott
Brad,

Ooops. It was late and I guess I was more tired that I thought to miss that.
mr914
I built mine with parts from the local Parker Distributor.

Hose is 919-4 Stainless steel reinforced nylon lines

The fittings were crimped on as -4

the adaptors were from 1/8" mpt to -4

Whole thing cost me about 20 bucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.