Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Shelf Grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maf914
Lots of engine bay refinishing threads recently. Has anyone replaced the rubber grommets in the right engine shelf (passenger side)? The ones I need are the oblong gas line grommets and the round clear plastic vent tube grommet. These were brittle in my case and crumbled during removal.

If they are NLA I wonder if standard round grommets can be made to work?

Thanks,

Mike
Brad Roberts
Great question Mike.

I have never tried to purchase them from Porsche... but manybe somebody has and will chime in.

b
J P Stein
In my "Never throw anything away".....rubber section, I may have decent used ones. If you'll settle for "used" I can root around to see.
maf914
JP,

Used but re-usable would be fine with me. The oblong gas line grommets are the two I really need.

Thanks,

Mike
rhilgers
I gots mine new from AJUSA.

I think I got a spare pair, I can check if ya want.

There is another pair for the front in some cars. I so you may want 4.

-Rich
trojanhorsepower
While we are on the subject any body know where to get the alt. wire grommet? One of my two is in good shape the other one is shot.

Thanks

-Pete
JeffBowlsby
I bought some of those gas line grommets from Pelican 3-4 years ago. Find a part number and call them...
SirAndy
QUOTE(maf914 @ Dec 3 2003, 02:53 PM)
Used but re-usable would be fine with me. The oblong gas line grommets are the two I really need.

the brake line grommets from the front (where lines go down to the MC) are the same.
they're also the same (brake line) from a early 911 ...

i got 'em used for next to nothing,
Andy
RON S.
I bought a set of grommetts for the brake lines that go from the reservoir down thru the body up front.I carried an old AA catalog to my local Porsche dealer,and it was no problem.
I'm not sure if their the same but they look pretty close.
If I remember,they were only 2 or 3 dollars apiece.

R.
rhilgers
http://store.cip1.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...de=11A-01-01-05

GROMMET SPEEDO CABLE THRU BODY - STANDARD BEETLE 61-77 / GHIA 56-74

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: C16-111-861
Price: $1.95
maf914
Andy, Ron, Rhilgers, Geoff,

Thanks. I don't have a Porsche dealer nearby so Rhilgers link looks good. The part number from the 914 PET indicates 111-957-861. Rhilgers link is C16-111-861. Must be some connection?

I'll order a handfull.

Thanks again.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.