Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Boxter Tranny Fluid Change
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I have a friend that just bought a '97 boxter and wants to change the tranny fluid. He says that he knows how to drain the fluid but doesn't know where to fill.

Any advise?
Cap'n Krusty
Auto or manual? If manual, why? Gear oil doesn't wear out. If auto, it's likel;y to be a fairly complex process. Many cars of that era require hooking it up to a scanner to refill the tranny fluid. The Cap'n
Allan
Nevermind. I just found out it's an auto and I don't want to dork with it.

Dealer wants $500.00 to change it. blink.gif
911quest
Yeah the ZF transmissions can be tricky to fill up the scan tool is used to show that the fluid has reached a certain temp then you usually need some kind of setup to fill it. The car has to be running then you stick the tube into the pan and fill it till starts running out I know it sounds wierd. I'm sure the fluid is at least 20.00 a liter
Cap'n Krusty
Compounding the problem is the fact you need a Porsche scan tool. Porsche uses different protocols than everyone else and there are only a couple of alternatives to the "real deal". If it's like VW and Audi trannies, and I think BMW, you fill it through the drain hole. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.