Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual pane Rear glass progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I have just one picture but if you didn't know you wouldn't notice. I have about 1/4 inch space between the two. Installed a support at the bottom and placed rubber / strip between the two.Trimmed the side molding about 1/2 inch. It does help with noise which is directly picked up by my ear while driving.

IPB Image
shaggy
looks very nice!

from the picture you cant tell any difference.

have you dont any db readings?

do you have pictures of the process and bracing?

again, looke very nice.
-jim
So.Cal.914
Looks good, when are you going to motorize it so it rolls down? smile.gif
ahdoman
I've been thinking about trying that. One of the concerns I have is the glass fogging up between the panes. I think if one of them had the defroster it would help. Let us know if this works.
aircooledboy
I'll be curious to see how this works out for you. Did you build it in a way that allows you to remove one of the panes without too much trouble? Unless you have made the seal a 0% humidity vaccum, I'm afraid you are going to get contamination between them. The only question is what kind, and how long it will take.

I worked in the glass business long ago, and have some experience building thermo-panes. Physics and chemistry being what they are, stuff like humidity and dirt will be drawn into the closed space, and they get in MUCH easier than they get out. That is why big money car makers like Jag and Bently use laminated glass for noise reduction.
drive-ability
The glass is held in with a few screws and stabilized by the rubber on the circumference. Its got rubber keeping them apart. I just drove in a light rain, let see what happens tonight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.