Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my 2.0 idles out of control
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
thanks jim

http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/image/77494098/original.jpg

what is compnent dangling just under coil in pic with vaccum line connected to it??

note i appear to have vaccum advance and vaccum retard vaccums lines

pbanders
That's your decel valve. You also don't appear to have a flashback trap or hoses from your head vents (normal on a '75?).
Allan
Check the ports on the throttle body. On my '75, one of them was a dummy port and IIRC it was the one you have the vacuum advance tied into.
SLITS
No head vents on '75 - '76.

The Throttle Body is that of a '73 (dual vac pipes for advance/retard). '74 up has a single vac tap.

Cap'n Krusty
What's with all the water hoses? Is this some trick hybrid cooled secret project ... ?

The Cap'n
jimkelly
ok - found the main problem - one fat port on the plenum had no hose to it nor was it plugged - i plugged it and engine now runs fine - took it on a food shopping run with my son - he was impressed that this car has paint and an interior : ))))

also i removed decel valve.

more pics of drivers side port hole and passenger side port hole and decel valve before removal.

see my blog

thanks guys
jasons
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 21 2007, 10:30 AM) *

What's with all the water hoses? Is this some trick hybrid cooled secret project ... ?

The Cap'n

chairfall.gif The good Cap'n made a joke!

I've seen hoses like that collapse on themselves under vacuum.
jimkelly
finding the right ID hose at flaps is hell - guess i will just get full set at pelican parts ??

jim
John
I wouldn't remove the decel valve if I was you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.