Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 passenger window install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Plaindaner
My passenger window track dropped out yesterday so I am spending this fine morning repairing instead of driving. I've got the mechanism figured out except for one thing. How does the clip with the 10mm lockbolt mount in relation to the spur gear that goes in the handle gear slot? Does it mount onto the clip on the handle bracket somehow? Is it supposed to be stationary? Does anyone out there have experience with this?

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.
904svo
Thats the adjuster used to adjust the window in the UP or is it the Down
position
Plaindaner
QUOTE(904svo @ Apr 21 2007, 01:31 PM) *

Thats the adjuster used to adjust the window in the UP or is it the Down
position

So, the bolt should be under the handle bracket clip, tensioning the spur gear, right?
boxstr
Spray some white lithium grease on the moving parts and gear teeth. They will move easier.
CCLIN914NATION
Plaindaner
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Plaindaner @ Apr 21 2007, 12:09 PM) *

My passenger window track dropped out yesterday so I am spending this fine morning repairing instead of driving. I've got the mechanism figured out except for one thing. How does the clip with the 10mm lockbolt mount in relation to the spur gear that goes in the handle gear slot? Does it mount onto the clip on the handle bracket somehow? Is it supposed to be stationary? Does anyone out there have experience with this?

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

I hope that none of you ever have to go through this "simple" procedure. 4 hands in a two hand space. I finally got it all together and guess what? the handle gear is stripped and needs to be replaced. I've got to get one in and then I get to go through it all over again beer3.gif Crap, Sunday morning and it's already beer thirty!!
On the up side, I picked up my freshly re-upholstered buckets last week. Here's a pic:

SGB
Those seats look really grippy as well as sharp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.