Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Office Chair Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
I had the idea to take a 914 seat and make a chair for my office. I would use the base from a standard office chair and bolt the 914 seat to it. I'll update this as I go along
Gint
It's been done. Long time back I remember seeing pics. Don't know where to find them now though.
jonferns
dry.gif
Gint
By all means, make your own. I'd love to see it done again. With pics!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 21 2007, 07:10 PM) *

It's been done.

agree.gif do a search, i remember seeing the pics a long time ago ...

bye1.gif Andy
chris914
Does this count?

http://www.cassidy-online.com/porsche914/g...eats/index.html
markb
I have 3 at the house, and one at the shop. I also made one using a 911 seat. The 914's are more comfy. biggrin.gif
jonferns
My plan was to make it swivel and such.
markb
Some of mine swivel, tilt, etc. smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
Here are two...
GaroldShaffer
BTDT biggrin.gif And yes i know my office is a mess, but I know where everything is huh.gif

markb
Great minds, and all that. biggrin.gif
JPB
Awsome idea!

If its been done what about what hasen't been done like a 914 hanging whoopy chair! hijacked.gif
bd1308
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 22 2007, 09:01 AM) *

BTDT biggrin.gif And yes i know my office is a mess, but I know where everything is huh.gif

you all need to see MY workspace!

Garold, lets just say that yours is clean lol
Air_Cooled_Nut
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/porsch...73/914chair.htm

The donor chair was free and the 914 seat was $25 at the Puyallup Spring Meet in the parts swap. Making the base all depends on the chair base. Mine is a fully functional 914 seat meaning it can slide fore/aft and pivots up/down just like a 914 seat. And I can readily remove it from the chair base and plop it in a 914 should I need a spare.
JRust
I know when I went to Renegade Hybrids in Vegas a few years ago this was how they had there seats set up. I think at the time they made 3 diferent seats fom the 914's actual seat. They were sweet seats but spendy. IT was cool having them set up as office chairs though. DO it!
RoadGlue
Me too, me too! I love my chair. I made it using a chair base that my old employer was throwing out.

IPB Image
JPB
Holy smokes bro, you onadem recordin dudes also. We be brothers like on two fronts. beer.gif

I gots ta make oneadem chairs now.
chris914
To find a base go to a used office supply equipment store. The ones in my area have like 200 chairs.
jonferns
Worked on the chair today. Attached a piece of plywood to the bottom of the 914 seat, and then attached that to the base of the office chair. Pics to come..
i love porsche
almost every good idea has already been taken....ive got one in my room too =]
URY914
What about seat belts???
jonferns
That would be interesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.