Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lets talk tires.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Are R rated tires all made equaly? Which is da best for da streets and da track? Yokohamas seam to get good ratings and last fow eva.

Please exercise a robust yet productive debate! happy11.gif
Dave_Darling
Not all R compounds are equal. The best ones should not be used on the street at all, IMHO. The mediocre ones are probably OK for getting to and from the track, but not for more than that generally.

For a really good street/autoX tire, the Falken Azenis fits the bill. Not R-compound, and it doesn't stick like one, but it grips better than pretty much any hard-compound tire available.

--DD
JPB
Good info Dave. I have my local tire guy looking some up for me monday. His prices rock. Thank you. clap56.gif
Aaron Cox
falkens + water = sketchy.....

i had the earlier 215 model... vs the 615. stick like glue... but spin in the wet...

be careful cornering in the wet
JPB
Cool info. I asked for the 615 thinking they discontinued the other. I might be wrong though. R-A-I-N is a four letter word around these parts mister. beer.gif
Aaron Cox
i got some A032R Yoko's i havent even tried out yet...
hard compound
JPB
Yokos are so freekin it bro. I wonder if they stick like glue for a lon lon tine. beer.gif
woobn8r
from what I hear Hoosiers R compound are pretty gooey and stick for auto X....

Toyo RA1 is popular for DE/racing in these parts...

For the sreet I like my Bridgestone S0-3...not cheap but worth the money! My next set will be Bridgdestone RE 010R...
DanT
Toyo RA1
Hankook Z211, Z214
Nitto NT 01
Yoko A048
Avons
Kumho Victoracers, V710s
Michelin Pilot sport cups
Hoosier A6/R6
BFG g-Force R1

Toyos and Nittos are 100wr
Hankooks are 50 wr
Kumho Victors 40 wr being discontinued and hard to find
Kumho V710s 30 wr
Avons are 40 wr
Yokos are 60 wr
Michelins are 80 wr
BFGs are 40 wr

several of these tires are not really suggested for street
V710s
Avons
Hoosiers
BFGs
Hankook Z214s

I am trying a set of the Kook Z211s this season...we will see how they perform and wear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.