Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Torque/RPM Numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I am currently working on a series of excel sheets to provide a wealth of information related to both the 901 and 915 transmissions. I need someone who is an experienced racer who has knowledge of there torque/RPM dyno numbers as well as there transmission gearing so that I can verify that my calculations work. If would be able to keep these numbers confidential if you would like. My calculations should be able to calculate optimal shift points, gearing torque numbers, and so on and so on. It also has all the available 901 and 915 gear ratios and will allow you to experiment with each. I know someone here has these numbers, it can be either for a 4 or a 6, but I need to know your tranny numbers also.

Thanks,
Britain
campbellcj
For the 901's, the "gears" spreadsheet that has been posted here seems to have all the info you'd need. You do have to plug in your tire height and approximate engine torque curve. I have not been able to find detailed HP/torque curve data for the early factory cars, though. If anybody knows where that info can be located, it would really be helpful.

I have been using a slightly tweaked version of the spreadsheet, where I fiddled with the redlines and added a few (flipped) gears that were missing, reformated the display slightly, etc.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 3 2003, 08:41 PM)
I have not been able to find detailed HP/torque curve data for the early factory cars, though. If anybody knows where that info can be located, it would really be helpful.

every owner's manual has the torque, power, and specific consumption curves, as well as speeds and times in gears charts...

Frere's 'Porsche 911 Story' has the power, torque, and specific consumption charts for all the cars through about the Turbo Carrera ('930'). i gather there's a newer edition that probably covers the 3,0NA, 3,2, 3,4, and 3,6 engines...

i can scan the charts, i suppose - i need to do some website updates anyway, i'd just as soon post them in one place one time and let people find 'em ...
redshift
The gears.xls has worked for me, proved my H mainshaft, and found a problem with my tach readings.

M
Britain Smith
The sheet that I am working on are based on the gears sheet, but take it a couple of steps further. They also incorporate the 915 transmission fof those luck enough to have one.

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.