Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
I decided to take the plunge and get a 914. I've been searching for some time when I came across this down in Seattle. One owner, 49,000 miles, pretty original. Not much rust.

My brother and I drove down last Saturday and had a look. It was under a filthy cover in a carport sitting on flat tires for the last 12 years. I gave him a look of "oh great another turd". But as she peeled back the dusty car cover, this was underneath. I bought it on the spot and we got it home yesterday.

Lots to do to getting it running and I can't wait. The first to go is the front air dam. Then the wheels. I can't decide between Fuchs or steelies. The steelies look great especially when they're in excellent condition with black lugs. I haven't been this excited to get a Porsche running in quite a while. I've been messing with pre-'74 911's for years but with the most ratty examples going for silly money, I'm shifting focus.

I'm glad this board is here. I've been surfing for past week and getting my shopping list in order. Thanks!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jimkelly
sweet - keep it out of the rain - jim
G e o r g e
Look's good

welcome.png
Crazyhippy
Purdy car... welcome.png

BJH
jonferns
Nice find, is that a factory color?
computers4kids
Very nice...is that a repaint? So is this a great unmolested garage find...or someones fixed-up toy long forgotten under the tarp?
welcome.png
orthobiz
Definitely a looker. I used to HATE Ravenna Green (?gangreen?) and now I positively LOVE IT!

Good luck.

Paul
Bleyseng
University Porsche/Audi?
rick 918-S
thumb3d.gif drooley.gif aktion035.gif welcome.png
Porsche Rescue
Great find. Fuchs are always nice but steel will look good to. Looks like the car came that way since the spare looks original and from a 49K car.
shelby/914
Lucky, Lucky you. Great looking car. On the other hand we looked at three overpriced turds this afternoon, fortunately all at the same house. sawzall-smiley.gif
jonferns
I personally like the fuchs alot, gives it a nice look.
IPB Image
swl
Wow! That is a fantastic find. If that is a respray it is a bloody good one. Hard to see but the rubber gasket between the fender and the metal under the windshield (what the heck do you call that piece? Valence?) still looks to be black. That vinyl graphic is the same as the one that came on my car.

Treat her well!

BTW sendjonathanmail - that is a factory color and the rendition is pretty good.
Gint
That's a nice looking 914. You scored!
smooth_eddy
Be sure to watch for out Teener Tuesday gatherings. driving.gif

Welcome.....

Eddy
Rav914
Thanks for the replies. It has been repainted in a couple of areas but was well done. I think I've decided on steelies even though they're the "cheapest" rims. I just like the look.

I placed the "big" order today with Pelican. All the fuel and vaccuum hoses along with an ignition tune-up. Fortunately the gas tank was topped off prior to parking it 12 years ago. That way I only have to drain it, not remove/clean the sludge/seal it.

I sent an un-faded carpet sample to World Upholstery yesterday so hopefully they have carpets to match. The original mats are nice but the rest needs to be replaced.

A battery will be my last purchase so I can avoid the urge to try and start prior to it being ready.

More to follow in a few weeks.....
DEC
welcome.png
nice find thumb3d.gif
Spoke
Nice car and welcome to The World. Love the color. Steel wheels painted black go well with Ravenna green. Gives them that stealth look.

BMXerror
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 23 2007, 03:44 AM) *

Nice car and welcome to The World. Love the color. Steel wheels painted black go well with Ravenna green. Gives them that stealth look.

Gives it the Joker Mobile look! poke.gif I love it. Anyways, is that an LE, or am I imagining things?
BTW, welcome.png
Mark D.
Heeltoe914
Great color. I would clean the tank and a new filter, maybe even soak the injectors. Good luck and weclome.
warrenoliver
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:41 PM) *

I decided to take the plunge and get a 914. I've been searching for some time when I came across this down in Seattle. One owner, 49,000 miles, pretty original. Not much rust.

My brother and I drove down last Saturday and had a look. It was under a filthy cover in a carport sitting on flat tires for the last 12 years. I gave him a look of "oh great another turd". But as she peeled back the dusty car cover, this was underneath. I bought it on the spot and we got it home yesterday.

Lots to do to getting it running and I can't wait. The first to go is the front air dam. Then the wheels. I can't decide between Fuchs or steelies. The steelies look great especially when they're in excellent condition with black lugs. I haven't been this excited to get a Porsche running in quite a while. I've been messing with pre-'74 911's for years but with the most ratty examples going for silly money, I'm shifting focus.

I'm glad this board is here. I've been surfing for past week and getting my shopping list in order. Thanks!
Click to view attachment

Newbie,

Sorry to give you the bad news, but looks like the rear view mirror has fallen off from the deadly glass rust. Looks like a major rebuild is in store for you. You are gonna want me to take it off your hands and save you the agony.
I can be at your place @0800 tomorrow with a bank check!
aktion035.gif
Nice score on that one. Pretty color and looks to be in great shape. I would look good against the snow up here.
Congrats.

Warrenoliver
Rav914
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Apr 23 2007, 02:52 PM) *

...maybe even soak the injectors...

That sounds like a good idea. I'll do a search on how to do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.