Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Vendor spamming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cnavarro
Stupid question. I have never emailed or purchased anything from Automobile Atlanta, ever. I noticed since the 914 World sight has been up and since Dr. 914 appeared, that I now get AA spam? Were our emails sold to vendors? Just asking since no matter how much I hit "mark as spam", I still get them.
r_towle
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Apr 23 2007, 04:05 PM) *

Stupid question. I have never emailed or purchased anything from Automobile Atlanta, ever. I noticed since the 914 World sight has been up and since Dr. 914 appeared, that I now get AA spam? Were our emails sold to vendors? Just asking since no matter how much I hit "mark as spam", I still get them.

you have PM
dr914@autoatlanta.com
One must always call us or request our catalog to get on our mailing list, because that is the only place we get e mails. We have over 45,000 of them! In your case, we have you on our file because you are listed as a SUPPLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we have told many how perfect your product is as we had seen it personally in Hershey at the Parade!!!!
I am sorry that you so not like our monthly e mails, and of course if you request can eliminate you from our customer files. Again we only get our e mails from our customer list and no where else. We do not sell them we do not buy them we do not grab them from this club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cnavarro
It's been taken care of. George PM'd me directly and took care of it immediately. Problem solved. Thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Apr 23 2007, 12:05 PM) *

Were our emails sold to vendors?

now that question hurts ... seriously ...
dry.gif Andy
Gint
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Apr 23 2007, 01:05 PM) *

You can't be serious...

No, your email address nor anyone's email was "sold" by any of the current 914world.com admin team.

I have never bought or sold anything or even spoken to AA either and I've been getting unsolicited email form them for over 2 years. I don't know where they got my email address either, but my first thought wasn't to accuse you of selling it to them.

Kripes...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 23 2007, 04:32 PM) *

QUOTE(cnavarro @ Apr 23 2007, 01:05 PM) *

You can't be serious...

No, your email address nor anyone's email was "sold" by any of the current 914world.com admin team.

I have never bought or sold anything or even spoken to AA either and I've been getting unsolicited email form them for over 2 years. I don't know where they got my email address either, but my first thought wasn't to accuse you of selling it to them.

Kripes...

yet we have a customer record for you Mike!!!! Who knows. We have been here so da.n long that we actually have over 46,000 914 customer records. Almost feel like the BIG BROTHER of 914 owners! I will not tell you all of the rest of the information we have here on 914 owners!!! BIG BROTHER 914 is watching so you better not color change or remove the fuel injection and add carbs!
John Kelly
George,

Please remove me from the email list. I have asked but it has not happened yet: John Kelly ghiafab@coastaccess.com or ghiaspec@ghiaspecialties.com

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(John Kelly @ Apr 23 2007, 04:57 PM) *

George,

Please remove me from the email list. I have asked but it has not happened yet: John Kelly ghiafab@coastaccess.com or ghiaspec@ghiaspecialties.com

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com

sent to our server thy will be done
orthobiz
I bought from AA and am NOT on the e-mail list!!!!!! Boo hoo...

biz
Matt Romanowski
I get the emails and I've never ever and will NEVER buy stuff from them. Never got a catalog, never bought anything, heck, their catalog was in a parts car I got and I through it out before I did anything else. No clue how I started getting stuff.
cooltimes
Where does any place get anyone's email address?

Any parts network, Porsche, Yahoo, Google, Ebay, that monster cookie provider, doubleclick, MSN, Flash, Adobe, etc. Even your ISP makes big bucks passing that info around just like that telephone number you have that is very unique.
Those are just a few places that put you in a big 914 bottle and when it get shook, that and thousands more with an email address become part of the email global business. Any place you visit online has tracking cookies that know all about who you click on to view parts and prices or whatever, etc.
Got cookies? Email address is easy for cookie monster.
You delete cookies but they are still there. I have removed Windows Explorer, another seller of info, more times than I can remember but booting back up, it's "Here's Explorer" .... again...

Don't want email spam, walk to where you do business and pay cash.

One of these days I will figure out how to charge the cookie monster $25 per item tagged using my name for all that junk they store on my computer and then they can send me all they want.

In the meantime : beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Apr 23 2007, 07:52 PM) *

I get the emails and I've never ever and will NEVER buy stuff from them. Never got a catalog, never bought anything, heck, their catalog was in a parts car I got and I through it out before I did anything else. No clue how I started getting stuff.

You are relly missing out on some good 914 stuff Matt!!!!
So.Cal.914
George Hussy- George Orwell (1984), could it be?

IMHO any supplier of 914 parts is a good supplier. Any old car owner that has

people like George, Racer Chris, Eric Shea, Engman and many others that

supply parts and services for my beloved 914 have my respect and Thanks.

When I got my teener in 1982 there were few people that you could get good

parts from, I was stuck with the dealer, Bummer. I too have had problems at

times with orders, but $hit happens and it wasn't everytime. Thanks Guys...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.