Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta ask
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
Topic says it all. Anyone have any luck at a dealer today? No word from AA either? No rush car is not ready to paint yet, but it sure would be nice to have a nice new seal to go with the paint. WTF.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Apr 23 2007, 01:34 PM) *

Topic says it all. Anyone have any luck at a dealer today? No word from AA either? No rush car is not ready to paint yet, but it sure would be nice to have a nice new seal to go with the paint. WTF.gif

I am waiting for two replies and then will post the whole story. I walked in to two seals delivered this morning, TWO!!!!!!!
TROJANMAN
Mine arrived on Friday ph34r.gif
dflesburg
1 of my 3 will be here in Cincinnati this week.
2-OH!
ZIMS has em'

800-356-2964 - Ask for Dennis -

2-OH!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! (and an apology)

I have finally gotten to the bottom of the windshield top seal controversy and have a PORSCHE factory guarantee of 100 plus top seals on the way. Everyone who has ordered one for the special price will get one, but in two or three weeks.
I have gone through h.ll after placing our confirmed order and being invoiced from Porsche for something that did not exist. What the problem was is that there was a miscount in the inventory that resulted in a non existent inventory and the resultant delay in resupplying and reinventorying them.
Behind the scenes I called my contact deep in the Porsche parts organization (my brother Peter's best friend) and he sheepishly admitted that there had been a miscount and that actually they had not sold that many of them in the last two months since a small number of them had arrived in the U.S.
Well feeling like a fool to believe the word of Porsche and really not believing it until I verified five times, getting my shipping confirmation and my bill (previously posted) I had our buyer Bruce make a bunch of calls, and I too called people we knew in the organization. I immediately rounded up five of the seals, (all new stock) had my friend Michael Mittle in Germany send me 30 more and FINALLY had my brothers friend expedite the shipment from Germany for 100 more immediately and 100 additional in two to three weeks.
I am very very sorry that this has happened. We have always been able to depend on Porsche for instantaneous delivery as we are one of their drop ship customers and are only about ten miles from the warehouse, and six from Headquarters.
Please again my sincere apologies to the club. EVERYONE who ordered one will get one at the price, and I will post some pics of the seals and the confirmations as they arrive.
If ANYONE feels like personally abusing me for this, please feel free to call me personally and vent: 800 792 4944 ext 16 business 404 308 5652 cell 770 971 4960 home.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.