Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Intense Cycles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lou W
Last week I got a chance to get a tour of Marv's (Marv's 3.6 Coversion) company. Wow, these bikes are truly a work of art. If anybody here is considering buying a bicycle of this caliber, they really need to take the time and look at what Marv's company builds.

Intense Cycles

Thanks Marv for the hospitality, I hope next time that I'm down, I get a chance to see your 914.
Crazyhippy
Intense has/had been on my short list of next bikes for a while (since i started looking) and since I found out the company is 914 friendly, they moved straight to the top of the list...

GREAT bikes.

BJH
jd74914
If I had that kind of disposable money they are on my short list of great bike companies. I do lots of XC riding and the Spider Fro is an incredible bike (IMHO). How many bikes are out there with frames under 5#'s that can handle abuse?

The shop looks incredible from their website. smile.gif
Crazyhippy
I have the same problem... Intense/Porsche taste and Huffy/914 budget biggrin.gif

BJH
Lou W
It was pretty amazing what kind off process they put the frames through after they are welded, they put them into an oven and bake them at 925 degrees, then drop them into a cooling tank which releaves the tweeking caused by the welding. The welding is all done by hand. Those guys are very talanted.

The shaping of the seamless tubing is also impressive.
jd74914
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Apr 24 2007, 02:08 AM) *

I have the same problem... Intense/Porsche taste and Huffy/914 budget biggrin.gif

BJH

Yep . . . add college kid budget into the equation too laugh.gif

Thats really cool that they stress relieve all of the frames Lou. That devoting to quality makes the cost worth it. smile.gif
Marv's3.6six
Thanks for comin by Lou. I love to show off the place when I get the chance to. Its hard for people to fathom the amount of thought, energy, and technology used in the manufacturing of a high end suspension mountain bike frame. We just this week started a third shift in the machine shop, 24X5 a milestone for us.
See you at G&R rusty swap this Sunday.
smile.gif
Allan
Group buy? biggrin.gif
Rough_Rider
Yes please Group Buy, i'll take a Spyder or 5.5

I used to run downhill events in UK & Europe & was lucky enough to have a M1SL with a pair of Dan Hanbrink triple crowns & disc brakes bigger than my car!!. The thing was a monster on the big open fast courses in Alps & Pyrennes, For UK course it never got upto speed.

Then course started to go all monster jumpy rather than technical trail. Got bored of that scene & reverted to XC with a healthy dose of endurance events.

BTW, anyone into XC or long distance riding goto Wales & hook up with the guys in Coed y Brenin or any of the national forests.

http://www.mbwales.com/
rjames
I used to have an Intense M1 downhill bike and absolutely loved it. I stil have my Intense Tracer and although the technology is a little dated it's still an awesome bike. It's been ridden hard on some mild north shore type stuff and still performs like it was new.
I hope to be able to take a tour of the shop one day too!

beer.gif
Crazyhippy
I'm looking @ the Spyder 29... I dont race, just trails and freeride stuff. And as often as I buy Bikes (15 years if i need to or not...LOL) I might as well jump on the next big thing on the ground-ish floor.

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.