Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On The Road Again!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cha914
Well, after 10 months of not being able to drive my car, it is finally back on the road again! I took the car down in January to update the suspension: new poly bushings, koni yellow's on all four corners, fully adj perch with 175 springs in the rear, 22mm torsions, a 22mm welt sway bar with the adj droplinks, replacing the prop valve with the "T", and adding a fully adj prop valve.

I finished most of this by some time in feb, however, I had to put the car away and spend all of march through september getting married, and starting my shop. So, in the last couple of months I fixed a big rust hole so I could install my race seat finally, I also finally installed my front oil cooler, and I finally got the car aligned after all that suspension work.

So, without further blathering on, here are the pics of my project...it may not be pretty , but it sure is fun:

gotta have the 914club sticker...
cha914
car in its natural habitat...on the lift:
cha914
oil cooler pic 1
cha914
oil cooler 2
cha914
oil cooler 3
cha914
oil cooler 4
cha914
oil cooler 5
cha914
oil cooler 6
cha914
oil cooler 7
cha914
oops 7pic
cha914
oil cooler 8 - also notice relocated fuel pump w/ pre-filter and getto wiring...
cha914
oil cooler 9
cha914
oil cooler 10
cha914
opening I made in the valance and bumper...all i did was cut out the front trunk between the circles, so that is why the opening is so small...so far it has worked well, oil has not gotten over 190, but it has been cool out and i have yet to really push the car...
cha914
our main shop area, with our Miller TIG...(I love that thing)
cha914
damn, forgot pic again...need to get to bed...
Air_Cooled_Nut
Uh... unsure.gif ...where does the waste heat go?
cha914
almost forgot to show my seat...its a MOMO start, full fiberglass FIA approved seat, I think it is similar in dimentions to the Corebu that alot of people have used...so far I love it:
cha914
seat 2...I cut out the cross brace on the drivers side to bring the seating position lower, but I did used the adj sliders with the seat, so there is some adjustment for different size drivers...I actually think this seat would work well in a full interior car also...
Andyrew
A/C car?

Andrew
cha914
finally, the rest of the shop we share...thats a pait booth being constructed in the corner...the place is kinda junky right now, but we are still getting setup...

Thanks for all your help guys, I hope its a mild winter, so I can have all the kinks worked out of the car for the race season next year...
cha914
Yeah, it was an AC car...big ass hole was welded up a while back...and as for the waste heat, right now its not going anywhere...i will probably end up cutting some 3" holes into the wheel wells aka the patrick motorsports way (cause I don't like the idea of air going under the car any more than it has to) but as of right now the waste heat is just finding its own way out...

Tony
Brad Roberts
Damn. That is a lot of space. I miss Texas sad.gif

I will be given a paint booth this Dec. and I dont have room for it...

B
cha914
Yeah, I think the shop is about 5000 sq ft and it sits on a 10 acre lot, so there is alot of room for parts cars and the like. Plus we are just outside the city limits, so we can make as much noise as we want welder.gif

Tony driving.gif
skline
Nice shop, I am jealous. All I have is a little 2 car garage and neighbors all around. I can only work on the car during daylight hours unless I am working inside the garage with the door closed and I still have to keep the noise down after dark.
Racer
What exactly are those oil cooler lines made from anyway?
TheCabinetmaker
Great job Tony. Next year I'll ride with you. laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif
MJHanna
looks great smilie_pokal.gif

you can go test it earlier than you think cool_shades.gif

17 - 18 January LSR Drivers' Education at TWS
21- 22 Feb LSR Drivers' Education at TWS

MR DE for 2004 is February 28-29 at MSR
fiid
Few questions:

1. Where is the hot air from the back of your cooler going?

2. Do you have to worry about the tire / stone chips, etc hitting the oil line in the wheel well?

l8r,

Fiid.
3d914
Too cool Tony,

Isn't it great when you have the S P A C E to actually have a life!

Enjoy - we'll be watching for you in Phoenix. smilie_flagge24.gif
cha914
Racer: The lines are a made from several layers of rubber and cloth weave, they are sold by aeroquip, and use barb fittings to attach to the AN lines...I think they have the same pressure ratings as the braided lines, but are much cheaper. I know alot of people don't like to use them, but I am a cheap bastard, and I had talked to several people who had/are using them with great success.

vsg914: I would love to return the favor, riding in your car motivated me to get back home and get this car back on the road.

Mark: I definately plan on hitting the track in the Jan/Feb time frame, looks like there are lots of options!

Fiid: Right now I am not worrying about the hot air, but I think I will end up cutting holes into the wheel wells like the patrick motorsports setup (I don't want the air to go under the car) ... Also, I am going to make a shield for that hose...probably tomorrow night, I just havent had time to yet.

3d914: I have heard some good things about Phoenix...maybe after we get that 2 car enclosed trailer tongue.gif

Tony dance.gif
MJHanna
I go with the "it works" hose. I' ve use it for years in this car. but I ran mine inside. smilie_flagge24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.