Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my car story for the day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw
I had a very cool encounter today that really made my day. Before I bought the 914, I used to own a Honda S2000 that I bought new, there are some pics in my blog.

I traded it in last feburary because i was getting married and my soon to be wife cut me a deal that if I bought her an element, she would let me get an older sports car.

I was driving home after work today and noticed a silver S2000 pass me as I pulled out onto this road. There was a traffic light and I was behind him. I was thinking, "wow that looks exactly like my old car" when I noticed that the license plate holder was from the place I traded it in.

It was a great day here in boston and he had the top down, so I yelled to the guy and asked if he bought it from the dealership. He said yeah and I said when, blah blah.

We decided to pull over and it was my old car! What a small world! We ended up talking for like 45 mins (nice kid) and I told him all these old stories I had with it and everything I knew about it and such, how to care for it etc.

turns out he works in the same building as me, and I rounded up some manuals and spare keys that I am going to give him. What are the odds, its good to know it went to a good home.

driving.gif
SirAndy
maybe we should start a new thread ...

"What are the odds?"

where people can post their (true) encounters like yours.

i had a few similar ones in my life ...
bye1.gif Andy
dobbs
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 24 2007, 08:12 PM) *

maybe we should start a new thread ...

"What are the odds?"

where people can post their (true) encounters like yours.

i had a few similar ones in my life ...
bye1.gif Andy

What are the odds....the key to my '83 911 SC Cab euro fell out of my pocket at Richard Fisher's cabin the weekend of the Talimena drive a couple of weeks ago. He found it and it turned the lock and started his 1973 914. huh.gif
TonyAKAVW
I guess it was almost 3 years ago now, but I found an ad on Craigslist for a 1970 914 for sale. So I email back and forth with the guy, turns out he works in the building next to me. I ended up buying it.

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.