Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless Steel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whitey
What web site or supplier carries the tunnel ss lines...I'm having a little trouble finding them and it's time to replace.
Crazyhippy
Tangerine Racing....

BJH
TonyAKAVW
I made my own SS fuel lines, I bought the raw material from McMaster Caa (http://www.mcmaster.com). I modified a pair of vice grips to bead the ends, and a tubing bender to get the right shape. Cost me a total of something like $20 (not including tools).

I used 3/8 inch for the return and 1/2 for the supply line.

I forget the actual part number, you might do a search for a thread, or take a look in my Subaru conversion thread.

-Tony
rhcb914
Get the line form Chris Foley at Tangerine Racing. They are top quality, pre-bent and a snap to install. It only took me about an hour to remove my old lines and snake in the new ones (tank was already out). Make sure you take out the shifter as it gives you much more access to the center tunnel and remove the right rear tire to give you plenty of room to wiggle the line through the firewall.
TheCabinetmaker
Make your own. 2- 5' sections of 5/16" brake line. The bend at forward end is easily made with just your hands. I bend them in the tunnel.
John
I bought my coil of stainless from Summit Racing.
736conver
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 25 2007, 11:55 AM) *

Make your own. 2- 5' sections of 5/16" brake line. The bend at forward end is easily made with just your hands. I bend them in the tunnel.

I also used brake line. Dont remember the exact size but it was dirt cheap
spunone
WHITEY your in Coto what are you doing with a 914 av-943.gif and just get the lines from Chris at Tangerine he'll even put on any type ends you need thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.