Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket windshield trim?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
I'm looking for the black plastic insert to eliminate the aluminum windshield trim.
I know someone here's got it but I can't remember who.
Who has it? how much $$$?
G e o r g e
736conv

or

jbfrenz on the bay
736conver
I have a post up in the member vendor section too. Thats the best deal. Ebay gets out of control sometimes.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=63344

SGB
Brian-
you beat me to it. I think the trimless install looks great! No loose corners. No dull aluminum. I'm not wishing for a broken windshield, but if mine ever has to come uot, I'm using your kit to reinstall.
736conver
Not blowin my own horn here but it is pretty slick. There have been many happy customers.

Steve I returned your PM as I didnt get ahold of you on the phone. My PM has the details
ppickerell
The windshield has to come out for this install correct?
McMark
Patrick, I haven't seen this particular kit, but I'd bet significant money that the seal is T shaped and installs with urethane with the window in place.
736conver
Patrick, I haven't seen this particular kit, but I'd bet significant money that the seal is T shaped and installs with urethane with the window in place.

No. This seal is not have a t profile. Windshield has to come out. This is why it makes the curves look so good. The t shape one tends to wrinkle up in the corners. There is urethane within the seal itself but that is used to hold it onto the windshield. You do not have to add urethane to make this seal stick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.