Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT : Best BarB-Que
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
hello all,

the Mrs and i will be going to Cape Girardeau Mo, then down to Memphis. just wondering about good BBQ restaraunts along the way.(or even slightly out of the way!!

Robin
jonferns
well, any nice 6-8 burner stainless steel BBQ is good...weber is definetly a reputable company, own one myself....kenmore makes some, but you know....biggrin.gif
Allan
I don't know about what he said, but I had a B-B-Q burger at "Whataburger" when I was in Texas (Notice that I at least capitalized the T) and it sucked.... sad.gif
jonferns
lol...i was just kidding...biggrin.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Apr 25 2007, 06:54 PM) *

hello all,

the Mrs and i will be going to Cape Girardeau Mo, then down to Memphis. just wondering about good BBQ restaraunts along the way.(or even slightly out of the way!!

Robin

Can't go wrong with Corky's dry ribs in Memphis.
SGB
Tradition in Memphis is the Rendevous. Corky's is OK but too mainstream now that they have franchises. There is a little place near Memphis State called the BBQ shop, serves on sour-dough bread. When celebs go for Memphis Q, they go to the Rendevous. It has been there a lotta years.
For working man's BBQ (formica tables & folding chairs), Interstate is good, too.
DerekKim
Some of the best BBQ I have had is at Wolf River BBQ in Moscow, TN. It's about 40 min east of south . It's a little place. No eat in dining. Outside smokers. It's amazing. My friend and I go in and dominate 2 or 3 at a time. Also good sides.

Just mapquested... So it's like an hour away.
Mapquest for ya It's GOOD! Pretty cheap too. If you do go don't speed in piperton or the other small city on 57. They'll get ya good. It's a nice cruise. After Bill Morris Parkway you go through COllierville and it's a straight shot on 57. After you get into Moscow it's on the left hand side.

Just whorin' it out a bit. This is it.
Click to view attachment
cooltimes
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Apr 25 2007, 05:54 PM) *

hello all,

Robin

zymurgist
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Apr 26 2007, 02:29 PM) *

1. Corky's 1740 N. Germantown Parkway (Cordova) 901-737-1988 ( Where all visitors who drive 914's go. They usually eat the pulled BBQ plate and like the house brew.

Oh yeah, the house brew. How did I forget that one? I think it's made by Abita... mmmm, tasty! beer3.gif

Ken
from the Mid-Atlantic where the beer is good, but (most) BBQ sucks
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(SGB @ Apr 26 2007, 12:08 PM) *

Tradition in Memphis is the Rendevous. Corky's is OK but too mainstream now that they have franchises. There is a little place near Memphis State called the BBQ shop, serves on sour-dough bread. When celebs go for Memphis Q, they go to the Rendevous. It has been there a lotta years.
For working man's BBQ (formica tables & folding chairs), Interstate is good, too.

Scott, you must be an Ex-Memphian too. i thought they changed the name to Univ of Memphis.

Bartlett class of '75'
PORobinSCHE
Hello all, well we never made it to Memphis. but we did end up getting a beautiful Bernese Mountain dog/ Great Pyrenese Hybrid puppy. And we still had some great BBQ. JL's in Macon Ga., Sugar's in Chattanooga Tn. The Woodshed in Hopkinsville Ky. Thunder's(?) in Anna, Il. The Buggy in Metropolis ,il.

mmm mmm good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.