Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone seen this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PatW
74 914-6 2.7
Scott Carlberg
I've only seen that 914 in some pics someone here shared, here's the one I kept of it...

answer to your question, No.
Brad Roberts
I have seen it.

What is his price now ?

B
Mueller
Looks like the one at the Partheaven swapmeet, guy wanted something like 6k or less for it if I am correct.
PatW
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 4 2003, 10:27 PM)
I have seen it.

What is his price now ?

B

He's asking 3500$. Seems cheep enough for a six conversion. I dunno about that front end treatment. Could be some work to get it back on the street.

Might go look at it this weekend.
jonwatts
I recall it having a weird oil tank (hand crafted / home made), but other than that it looked like a pretty solid car at the Parts Heaven meet 18 months ago. The front piece looks better in person and would blend in better if the car were a darker color. I agree it's a good price but what do I know confused24.gif
maf914
The big IMSA bumper/spoiler looks out of place on an otherwisw stock body car. It needs big flares, big rocker panels, and all the other BS to balance the look. Then you have a poser for the street. rolleyes.gif

Mike
Scott Carlberg
isn't the 2nd picture from the Swap Meet & Pizza gtg up in Washington last year?
(i know I submitted it, but I wasn't AT the location)

is does have a 6 in it tho???

it does have flares in the back, not BIG flares, but that's not stock either.
Mueller
I think those flares are ones made and sold by High Performance House...someone else on this site is installing the same flares...should look pretty good if he ever finishes his car smile.gif

it's got a 2.7 six, not too sure how well it runs or the condition of the rest of the car, I thought it was decent when I saw it a few years ago
Brad Roberts
I'm 100% sure it has HPH FP race flares on it.

Thanks Jon.. I didnt want to say anything about the 911 tank shoved into the car. cool_shades.gif

B
Scott Carlberg
I really should've painted my IMSA-styled air dam the color of my car, white,
instead of black.
PatW
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 5 2003, 11:43 AM)
I'm 100% sure it has HPH FP race flares on it.

Thanks Jon.. I didnt want to say anything about the 911 tank shoved into the car. cool_shades.gif

B

So do you think its a POS?. Could I look for something better?.. I don't really feel like tricking out my car.
Brad Roberts
Just go over it. My first impression was "HACK".. but it could have ran and drove well. For 3500$ you wont get into another conversion car. He just cheaped out on EVERYTHING associated with the conversion.

B
Mueller
if the chassis is solid and the motor runs good, then yes, it's a great deal for someone looking for a /6 driver.

the oil tank is not that big of deal....save up some money and do the tank correctly in the future.

the only downside to this car is re-sale down the line...lots of people immediatly piss on the 2.7 (just like the 1.8, it's not that bad of a motor, it's just there are better ones out there)

the fiberglass flares scare some people, but hell, people pay 10's of thousands of dollars for body conversion kits on 911's...what's the differance?!?!?
Brad Roberts
The difference... 914 owners tend to install fiberglass after an ACCIDENT when they want the insurance money spent on something else besides a new bumper..

Crunch 2 fenders in a accident.... hum idea.gif put HPH race flares on it... oh.. and byt the way.. the body shop missed the fact that the inside control arm ear was cracked from the collision... you will find out later.

B
Scott Carlberg
Brad,
does Rich sell alot of those flares?

I don't remember his name, but there was someone with a Black 914, with the HPH flares
on it, he has/had the exhaust with the removable discs. It may have had a Buick V6 in it.

All914 sticker in the back window. (picture on my frig)
Brad Roberts
He probably sells 5-6 sets a year. I think JonW has some for his car. Rich sells them in two configs (race.. really thin and race thick)

B
fiid
Are they better than the ones sold by Pelican? I am going to be in the market for f/g flares in the new year and am currently examining options.

Fiid.
redshift
I like the shape of the ass, man I can't take the face.

Fiid, the PP Fg flares are copies of factory flares.. nothing like the sculpted buttocks you see on this car.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.