Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Assembly Help...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
I got them mounted, but there is a gap between the top of the headlightslid, and the front of the trunk edge. Is there some sort of adjustment that I don't see, that will allow me to to bring it closer together? I'm sure it's right in front of me.. blink.gif
SGB
your hood is too far back to start...
TINCAN914
QUOTE(SGB @ Apr 26 2007, 07:02 AM) *

your hood is too far back to start...

Seems obvious, but based on the distance between edge nearest the windshield, and the exposed front hood gasket, I thought the hood was to far forward.
Estimate on the correct (if there is such a thing) gap distance between the hood and body nearest the windshield? Hope this makes sense..
McMark
Gaps should be equal all the way around. front/back/left/right. Aligning the headlights is on the short list of PITA projects. Loosen the brackets. Fiddle with it. Tighten. Repeat 1000 times. Watch out because it's possible to move it too far back and it'll scrape the back edge when opening.
TINCAN914
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 26 2007, 09:51 AM) *

Gaps should be equal all the way around. front/back/left/right. Aligning the headlights is on the short list of PITA projects. Loosen the brackets. Fiddle with it. Tighten. Repeat 1000 times. Watch out because it's possible to move it too far back and it'll scrape the back edge when opening.

Thanks Mark. I will screw with it tonight.

"It's possible to move it too far back and it'll scrape the back edge when opening"
THis is what I want to avoid...
r_towle
Do a couple of things

Put blue masking tape on both the hood and the light cover.
Remove the arm that attaches to the motor, and active it with your hand till you get it right, that way you can stop.

There are two adjustments.
The brackets that hold the whole assembly (under fender, and in the trunk)
And the top actually can slide about 1/4 of an inch...

Go slow, get it where you want it BEFORE you hook the motor up.
Then add the wing in front of it.

Rich
TROJANMAN
Sell me the car and be done with it. biggrin.gif

Or at least buy the 2.0 motor I have for sale. That car deserves way more than the wimpy 1.8 you have in it. tongue.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 26 2007, 11:15 AM) *

Sell me the car and be done with it. biggrin.gif

The motor will have to wait. To much spent on the car already not to mention additional improvements on the house for the summer...

Or at least buy the 2.0 motor I have for sale. That car deserves way more than the wimpy 1.8 you have in it. tongue.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.