Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo Adapter Eary vs Late
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyler
This adapter was sold to me as an "early" but it's obviously the wrong one. It doesn't sit far enough down on the column shaft for the directional signal cam to make contact. And there's a major gap.
Can someone confirm that the adapter for the early is made to set further down on the column shaft and that the one I have is for a late model?
Thanks,
tyler
One more pic........
Aaron Cox
PN 8002 is the late one IIRC

what is the PN on yours?
Dr Evil
8002 is for the later solid type one, not the webed type that Tyler has. I am not sure of the difference, though, in fit.
Lightweight_911
As already stated the part # for the '72-'76 models is 8002 - the earlier one for '70/'71 models is 8000
tyler
I took a closer look. Where the wheel attaches, it's stamped "MOMO" and "TOP".
The base has been painted but I can make out a stamp on it that looks like "L 231". Also the spline does fit ok.
It doesn't match the pictures I see for the later one so maybe I'll play with it some more today. If the directional cam happens to reach, which I doubt, could I be missing a cover piece on the column?
tyler
Well, according to this: http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOM231, this 914 adapter I bought is for a:
Applications
* 1974-2005 PORSCHE 911
* 1978-1979 PORSCHE 930
No wonder it has a strange fit.
Aaron Cox
well... when you put a 911 or 944 steering wheel on a 914, there tends to be about a half inch gap...... you are in the same boat
dbu356
Checking hub application guide at http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/hubkit.html shows:

Porsche 911, 911 Carrera, 930 Turbo 8/74-03 L231

David

QUOTE(tyler @ Apr 27 2007, 09:49 AM) *

I took a closer look. Where the wheel attaches, it's stamped "MOMO" and "TOP".
The base has been painted but I can make out a stamp on it that looks like "L 231". Also the spline does fit ok.
It doesn't match the pictures I see for the later one so maybe I'll play with it some more today. If the directional cam happens to reach, which I doubt, could I be missing a cover piece on the column?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.