Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashing brake light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwhcars
I read the pevious post ....now my dumb question.
Where is the master cyl.? I removed the pedal cluster cover did not see the reset switch,is it behind the sare tire?
Duh even with the haynes book I am dumb,it is amazing what I have forgot in 35 years. huh.gif
I have managed to get new front pads on,oil changed and have the carbs adjusted to my area.
914nerd
The master cylinder is up under the car (pull the panel just behind the front trunk area and you will see it)
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jwhcars @ Apr 26 2007, 05:33 PM) *

I read the pevious post ....now my dumb question.
Where is the master cyl.? I removed the pedal cluster cover did not see the reset switch,is it behind the sare tire?
Duh even with the haynes book I am dumb,it is amazing what I have forgot in 35 years. huh.gif
I have managed to get new front pads on,oil changed and have the carbs adjusted to my area.

Remove the left front wheel. Look into the wheel well, and follow the tie rod back into the body. Below the tie rod is the master cylinder. You can reach in there and push the reset switch that is between the brake lines.
jwhcars
Thanks for the replies, At least it was a good excuse to clean out the trunk.
By the way what is behind the black cover in the front trunk behind where there spare goes? I took the four screw out on the corners but what ever is behind it seems to be bolted to the cover,I did not want to remove the nuts holding what ever is behind there until I know what is there.
Rand
QUOTE(jwhcars @ Apr 26 2007, 03:29 PM) *

By the way what is behind the black cover in the front trunk behind where there spare goes? I took the four screw out on the corners but what ever is behind it seems to be bolted to the cover,I did not want to remove the nuts holding what ever is behind there until I know what is there.

Fuel pump
914nerd
Yeah
That's the fuel pump
To get to the Master cylinder you need to start underneath the car
Right behind the trunk is the cover for the steering rack and master cylinder
pull off the 4 bolts holding it on and there you go
jwhcars
Thanks for all the info,the light is now out-it must have been a loose connection because I never saw the reset swith but i did make sure the wire on the master cyl. was snug.
Hope to meet some of you at the swap meet this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.