Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will these wheels fit with the GT/916 fender flares?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Will these wheels fit with these wheel numbers on the 914 that has, GT/916 fender flares or will I need a spacer to make them work or do I even need a spacer? Are they a 911 part number? Please advise.
Part # 951.362.117.00 8jx16 - 951.362.115.00 7jx16 - 23.3mm Offset - Rare 86 944 Turbo Fuchs
jasons
I think you will need some spacers at least for the rear. The 951 part num is 944 turbo. The rears of those are inset more than the rears of 911 Fuchs. Like the description says, 951 Fuchs are 23 offset for 7's and 8's (front and rear). 911, 7 and 8 Fuchs are 23 for the front and like 10 for the rear. So, 911 rears have more outter lip.

EDIT: I also think 911 guys like to buy those 951 rears for the front of their car.
iamchappy
They fit no problem I run them on mine, but they fill out the wheel wells better with 3/4 inch spacers.
Aaron Cox
anyone can run 7's in front with no flare... and 8's in the rear take a medium fender roll...

you got the big flares on there, why not fill em properly? 8's and 9's.....

off my podium....
gopack
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 26 2007, 11:08 PM) *

anyone can run 7's in front with no flare... and 8's in the rear take a medium fender roll...

you got the big flares on there, why not fill em properly? 8's and 9's.....

off my podium....

9's are expensive AND hard to find!
Aaron Cox
fair counterpoint... they are expensive, but arent hard to find... and you can get NEW oem fuchs and repro's smile.gif

but for the love of all things holy, run 8's all around if you cant afford 9's, do not stick a 7 up front on a flared car...... they fit without flares....
jasons
If you run a 2.0 with flares, would you be defeating yourself by adding too much unsprung weight and friction?

Or, if you are going to run around 150 hp, with flares, at what point are you going backwards with your wheel/tire selection?

Just thinking out loud....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.