Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Frenchyves
Hello

On my 914 2.0 from 75' I have a little problem...
I don't know how is fix the plastic of the front bumper on the body.
My bumper is well fixed but the plastic is not close the hood, it's not nice (see photo) there is waves...

Perhaps I can use glue but I can't unmount the bumper ...

Have you an idea ??

Thanks for your answer and excuse my awfull english language... I am best in french.

Yves - North of france

Click to view attachment
jonferns
there is no pic...biggrin.gif
jimkelly
from 3000 miles away it is barely noticeable : )

just kidding

i have no idea other than to - maybe - remove bumper and glue a piece of metal under the area to hold the area smoother ??

jim
jonferns
i think that your front turn signal lenses may in fact be upside down...biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Frenchyves @ Apr 27 2007, 05:10 PM) *

Hello

On my 914 2.0 from 75' I have a little problem...
I don't know how is fix the plastic of the front bumper on the body.
My bumper is well fixed but the plastic is not close the hood, it's not nice (see photo) there is waves...

Perhaps I can use glue but I can't unmount the bumper ...

Have you an idea ??

Thanks for your answer and excuse my awfull english language... I am best in french.

Yves - North of france

Click to view attachment

Yves - your English is fine. You got your point across.

I suspect someone, sometime, removed the front bumper. The, replaced it without proper torque of the fasteners. If it has been like this for some time, it is possible that the part will need replacement.

I'd suggest removing the entire bumper, clean up all areas, replace fasteners (using proper torque settings)& re-install bumper. If, after a few weeks, the bulge is still there, you'll probably have to replace the bumper cover.
Pat
john grier
Looks like everyone forgot to do this.
welcome.png
Eric_Shea
welcome.png Maybe some 75-76 guys can weigh in here? confused24.gif
jonferns
is it possible that maybe the bumper pad is all bunched up in the middle and maybe just has to be stretched out to the sides???
TheCabinetmaker
I'm a 75 kinda guy. Once the rubber bumpers set in a position like that, they pretty much stay that way. I think your going to need a replacement. Bummer!
TheCabinetmaker
On second look, it may just be out of its lip. Loosen the two bolts underneath, pull the rubber towards the rear of the car, try to hook it in the lip, then then pull rubber towards the front and retighten bolts. It "might" stay in.
tracks914
It looks to me like its finished. Package up the car and ship it to me. I'll pay shipping just to get it off your hands.
or "Loosen the two bolts underneath, pull the rubber towards the rear of the car, try to hook it in the lip, then then pull rubber towards the front and retighten bolts."
Welcome to the club.
bigkensteele
In order to fix it properly, you will need to go to early bumpers.

If you don't want to do that, I will send you my '75 bumper that I am taking off of my car soon. Pay the shipping, and it is yours for free. It is in very nice shape, but you will need to cut out the rubber so your foglights will fit. Mine is a non-equipped car. Send me a PM, and we can work it out.

I took an assignment in Rotterdam (Holland) back in '97 and lived there most of that year. I was hoping to gather a bunch of parts while I was there. Unfortunately, I only saw ONE 914 the whole time I was there, and none of the salvage yards had anything. 914s were far more popular here than ROW.

All I ask in return is that you tell your friends how nice we Americans can be. I have visited Paris many times, and they apparently think that we are all a bunch of a-holes, which made me think that Parisians are a bunch of a-holes. As I understand it, the rest of France feels that the Parisians are a bunch of a-holes.

Ken
Frenchyves
Hey,

thanks for everyone, few answers make me smiling...
I am going to look the bumper monday, and post a new photo if I can refit if very perfectly.
And promise i look at the signal lenses !!!

Have a nice sunny week end .

Yves
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.