Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to get Bilstien green paint?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I am stipping everything down to metal and repainting it, I want to repaint the struts the same green they are now, where can I find the paint to do this? I checked at Kragen while I was there but they had nothing even close. Any suggestions?

BigD9146gt
I think John Deere Green is really really close if not the same. I'll check with my friend who does spindle mods tomorrow. His website is rebelracingproducts.com
skline
If I cant find anything close, I will just paint them yellow, the rear ones are yellow also anyway and that way they would match. smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
Yep, JD green is as close as you can get. I took a strut to my paint supplier about 15 years ago and that's what matched. The Bilstien finish has a lower gloss, but the color is close enough.
davep
How many people have Bilstein front struts? The real McCoy green strut, not the yellow shock insert. I have the only two sets I have ever seen. This was the M474 option, and seems to be fairly rare.
Eric_Shea
You mean Bilstein "914" struts are rare right?
skline
This has an 84 Carrera front end on it, not a 914, sorry for the confusion. smile.gif
iamchappy
I had a pair I bought back in the 70's.
davep
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 28 2007, 07:37 AM) *

You mean Bilstein "914" struts are rare right?

Yes, the 914/4 variety. I don't know how 'rare' they really are, just that I have ever only seen two sets, one on my LE and another set I took in trade on a 911T set.
IronHillRestorations
So far I've had three cars with factory Bilstein struts. I've also got a set of early style Bilstein front struts.
Eric_Shea
I'd bet they are rather rare...
brer
I have seen a bent set.
Also on an LE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.