Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aluminum Oil Cooler Repair?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
race914
I have a Fluidyne 30417 that appears to have a 'short circuit'. Inlet line reads 160F, Outlet line reads 160F, Fins read air temp. Opposite side tank reads air temp.

Looks like the oil is coming in, and going back out directley without going through the cooling fins!

Fluidyne does not repair their products.... Anyone know of a shop that will diagnose & repair an aluminum oil cooler?

Thanks....
SirAndy
QUOTE(race914 @ Apr 28 2007, 04:46 PM) *

I have a Fluidyne 30417 that appears to have a 'short circuit'. Inlet line reads 160F, Outlet line reads 160F, Fins read air temp. Opposite side tank reads air temp.

Looks like the oil is coming in, and going back out directley without going through the cooling fins!

Fluidyne does not repair their products.... Anyone know of a shop that will diagnose & repair an aluminum oil cooler?

Thanks....

WTF.gif

i just had some welding done on mine (30618), no repair, just added on some flanges.

but, if the cooler doesn't cool, shouldn't that be covered by the warranty ???
confused24.gif Andy
KenH
http://www.oilcoolers.com/

Ask for Paul.

Ken
race914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 28 2007, 07:22 PM) *

QUOTE(race914 @ Apr 28 2007, 04:46 PM) *

Thanks....

WTF.gif

i just had some welding done on mine (30618), no repair, just added on some flanges.

but, if the cooler doesn't cool, shouldn't that be covered by the warranty ???
confused24.gif Andy

WTF.gif agree.gif Weird problem. This is a two pass cooler and it seems like the baffle in the inlet side tank has failed. I think I'll stick with single pass coolers going forward. Less to go wrong.

The cooler worked the first couple of events, and then failed in steps so it took me awhile to diagnose the overheating issue... The cooler is just outside of its warranty period. The downside of not getting in enough track events after the install!

race914
QUOTE(KenH @ Apr 28 2007, 11:59 PM) *

Thanks Ken.
race914
Just wanted to close the loop on this thread and let everyone know that Pacific Oil Coolers (www.pacificoilcoolers.com or www.oilcoolers.com) does a great job!

They completely overhauled my failed Fluidyne cooler for $100. The baffle separating the inlet & outlet lines had failed. But now the entire cooler is rebuilt to FAA standards so I have confidence it will last awhile.

Click to view attachment

A great alternative to spending $300+ for a new Fluidyne

Thanks to KenH and Martin Baker for the referrals to Pacific Oil Coolers
Chris Hamilton
Very cool indeed!

Will have to file them away for reference.
KenH
Glad it worked out.

I found them great to deal with.

It is rare when you get quality work and friendly service.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.