Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anti-theft switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
While I am doin' the winter projects list...

I was making a jumper to go around the seat belt relay under the passenger seat and thought "instead of just connecting these two wires, I could hide a switch to prevent theft."

I have read the articles on the tach wire from the coil etc., but this seems much simpler...

Need some other thoughts...

2-OH!
Brad Roberts
Do you use the heater lever for the fan ??

I have used the heater lever to control the ground for the fuel pump relay in the past (when the car didnt have a heater fan).

b
2-OH!
Brad:

Yea, I still use the heater up here...But the main question is do you think that's a good place to splice in the wiring system...

2-OH!
p914
If we tell ya where and how, we will have to come and take your car ph34r.gif zorro.gif
2-OH!
OK,,, but just leave the jackstands...I've become attached to em'...

2-OH!
pjhaun
2-OH:
This is what I did to my 9174 914. It has a red plastic key that I can turn and remove to disconnect the ppwer to the starter.
pjhaun
Here is another picture.
seanery
I think I see a seat rail, but can't get my bearings. Where did you put the switch?
sj914
It looks like it's next to the passenger side seat belt buckle.
TheCabinetmaker
behind the seat belt
seanery
I get it now. We're looking at it from the passenger seat area towards the firewall. Gotcha!
scotty
Another trick is to use one of those "impact disconnect" collision switches for the fuel pump ground (Ford has one for under $20). Just whack it when you leave and push the reset when you come back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.