Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk floor pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dobbs
I'm looking to buy a rear trunk floor pan from Restoration Design (Part # P335). Will this floor pan fit the later model 914s? I have a 1975, and the exsisting floor pan has the humps for the bumper mounts but the one on RD's website doesn't. Does it matter?

RD said it would fit, but before I commit to buying, I thought I'd check around to be sure. Anyone know?

RD's rear trunk floor pan:
Click to view attachment
DSM
QUOTE(dobbs @ Apr 29 2007, 09:35 AM) *

I'm looking to buy a rear trunk floor pan from Restoration Design (Part # P335). Will this floor pan fit the later model 914s? I have a 1975, and the exsisting floor pan has the humps for the bumper mounts but the one on RD's website doesn't. Does it matter?

RD said it would fit, but before I commit to buying, I thought I'd check around to be sure. Anyone know?

Click to view attachment

Hmm... Good question. I thought the later rear trunk sections had humps L&R.

What would it take to install early bumpers? Might be the only option to the trunk floor availability.
Grelber
Talk to George at AA before you buy from R/D.

Just my $0.02.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dobbs @ Apr 29 2007, 10:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment

The pan must be modified to fit the 75-76 models.
McMark
agree.gif

You'll have to trim both sides to make it fit (blue lines), but I consider all repro metal to be trim to fit anyway. I usually cut along the green line and throw the upper section away. That's a structural part of the car, and I don't like to mess with it for no good reason.

Click to view attachment

IPB Image
dobbs
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 30 2007, 07:18 PM) *

agree.gif

You'll have to trim both sides to make it fit (blue lines), but I consider all repro metal to be trim to fit anyway. I usually cut along the green line and throw the upper section away. That's a structural part of the car, and I don't like to mess with it for no good reason.

Thanks! This helped a lot. I agree about the structural part of the trunk. No need to replace that area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.