Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meadowlands AutoX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
rmital
Stopped by the Meadowlands today with my 11 year old daughter to check out the locals. (she's the photographer)
...cloudy and cool...much different weather than last weekend.
rmital
more....
rmital
pics of Dom and his '6
rmital
couldn't stay long today, so didn't get to meet this owner or get to see this teener run...but she got a pic anyway.
rmital
..did get to meet Alex and his silver 2.0L
Dominic L
Thanks for sharing, Ray.

Hmmm. I see a future for your daughter in Motorsports photography! biggrin.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 29 2007, 12:03 PM) *

..did get to meet Alex and his silver 2.0L

Yeah that was a cool looking car.
I was in love with the orange GT3.
I'm uploading photos now. Rest in the photo gallery if you can see it. click here

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
jonferns
checked out the action at the meadowlands with my dad. Really cool that they organize things like this.
jonferns
Took a few pics

jonferns
me again...heres a very short vid (link) of the yellow/green teener pulling up....the quality is crap (thanks to photobucket)...but whatever, you get the point...

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q44/sen...yellowgreen.flv
jonferns
That yellow 914 appears to be a '75/'76. Nice seat smile.gif
yarin
Wow.. sorry I missed out. Looks like there were a bunch of 914s there!

I ended up autocrossing at Hershey after the swap meet. I should have come back for the NNJR event, oh well... live and learn.

The yellow/green 914 is a guy from MetroNY club, Don. He's running ITBs and aftermarket fuel injection that is GM based. Pretty neat system.

Looks like you guys had fun!
Dominic L
Thanks to Jon and Nathan for the footage. Nicely done!

Now for sure I know I need to ditch the rear bar. The inner rear wheel was spinning anytime Ed or I got on the throttle. Guess I should have listened to the folks on this board, but no. I had to find out for my self! chair.gif

Ed did ok with the car though. Just goes to show that a good driver can drive anything. 6th out of 100 drivers first time out with the car for him! pray.gif
jonferns
so, whens the next one here??? we will have the 914 by this weekend, so it'll be there.....biggrin.gif --JON
yarin
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 1 2007, 06:20 PM) *

Nathan! Really great video! Wish I was there. You have to teach me a thing or two next time. What did you use to edit the video?

Can't wait to see more! biggrin.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(yarin @ May 1 2007, 07:51 PM) *

Nathan! Really great video! Wish I was there. You have to teach me a thing or two next time. What did you use to edit the video?

Can't wait to see more! biggrin.gif

Thanks Yarin. I'm still trying to learn and find a style. I have a ton of other things I want to throw up on that site now that you showed it to me. I started editing my off road stuff from paragon tonight before I left work. It's long but funny. If you haven't done any off roading I would really suggest it. It's just stupid fun!!!

I'm shooting on a cheapo HD camera, sony HC3. I edit in sony vegas. I grew up in recording studios and this software started off as a tool for audio engineers so I have always prefered the layout.

I was pretty impressed with the shots of Doms car. They were driving the wheels off that car and it really came across as such. The GT3 really had my eye but you can see the guy was sorta new to the car and it didn't flow

Oh and let me tell everyone here. I am shooting at Floyd Bennett Field Sunday. Please come down and join in the fun. The guys canceled on me but I have all the permits so we are gonna use the time to just have fun and shoot whatever comes up. For those wanting to learn this would be a good chance as well.
jonferns
so..any word on the may 12 autox????
Dominic L
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ May 4 2007, 07:59 PM) *

so..any word on the may 12 autox????

Not sure if it's too far for you but I'm going here tomorrow:

http://www.phillyscca.com/directions/direc....htm#Warminster

Philly SCCA here:

http://phillyscca.com/

I think Kevin (okieflyr) and I are the only teeners there though.

No word on the 12th yet. Look here for the full Northeast schedule:

http://www.autox4u.com/schedule.htm
i love porsche
im pretty sure may 12 is a no go
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.