Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Window Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Chris914n6
This is a power window kit customized to fit the Porsche 914.
It uses brand new Spal Deluxe components (the higher torque, quieter motors) with everything pre-formed to be a simple mount.
All parts needed for a complete system are included in this kit, which will work with both early (70-72) and late (73-76) window regulator mechanisms.
I have written simple instructions and include pics of the finished install.

Two switch options available: Center console/bin mount or door pods.

Center mount switches will require some cutting/fitting but are easy to wire. New door upholstery recommended.
Pods, for mounting on the doors over the hole left by the manual window crank, are made of an ABS plastic so can be painted with an interior spray paint.
Email tech support included if needed.
Some hand tools and basic electrical experience needed.

Shipping for 914club members free, a savings of ~ $9.14 smile.gif

Prices:
Kit w/Console mount switches - $235
Kit w/Door pod switches - $250

Paypal or money order accepted.

Thanks,
Chris Prim

IPB Image
ArtechnikA
having trouble picturing this "as installed" - a photograph of that would be nice ...
monkei
agree.gif
Carlitos Way
Sounds like a great idea... but why limit it to windows? how 'bout power mirrors for both doors too?

If you could send pics of the electric window kit in the meantime, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Carlos
ewdysar
Chris,

I'd love to get a set of the power windows for my '75 914 (V8). Let me know how to proceed...

Eric
Chris914n6
QUOTE(cmolina @ Oct 12 2004, 01:03 AM)
Sounds like a great idea... but why limit it to windows? how 'bout power mirrors for both doors too?

If you could send pics of the electric window kit in the meantime, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Carlos

Find me some power mirrors that can be stuck to the vent glass and I'm there smile.gif

I can do the switches easily enough... beer.gif

Chris

PS. providing pics of the install kinda takes away the difficulty of making it fit for others who may want to ripoff and duplicate(R&D).

I can say they will interfere with door speakers though I do have an alternate mounting location that is not as optimal if you really really need both.
jim_hoyland
Can they be installed if speakers are mounted in the door ? What do you charge to install ?
Chris914n6
My power window kit can be installed with speakers in a late style door (sissor regulators and impact beams) but it puts a strain on the cable assembly and I believe will wear faster.

It's really not that difficult to install. In the time it would take to drive out here it could be done. Then you could take the unspent money and buy tools.
ewdysar
On my '75, I've test fit the kit and the door speakers installed by the PO could go back in. The speaker would push the cables out of their natural path perhaps causing premature wear. I'm not puting the door speakers back in, I've already received my 6 1/2 inch speaker panels from morphenspectra. I'm planning on replacing the door panels to eliminate the holes later.

The kit does appear to go in pretty easy, if it weren't for the rain and the holidays, my kit would already be done. Really nice kit, and Chris preps the components to fit right into the 914. IPB Image I've spent about 2 hours studying the kit and would expect that the install should only take about 8 hours at the most, including the 2 hours, even for me (I have a tendency to overthink things).

I was going to wait until I was finished to post, I'll be back here soon.

Eric
volkdrive
Chris, this would be a perfect addition to my 914 project, will you ship to Canada? IPB Image

Thx, Ryan
dwillouby
Do they use the stock lifting mech.? As mine appear worn.
David
Grimstead
Are these still available? confused24.gif If so, are there any finished pictures you could post?
Thanks!

icon_bump.gif
Gint
QUOTE (ewdysar @ Jan 4 2005, 05:53 PM)
On my '75, I've test fit the kit and the door speakers installed by the PO could go back in. The speaker would push the cables out of their natural path perhaps causing premature wear. I'm not puting the door speakers back in, I've already received my 6 1/2 inch speaker panels from morphenspectra. I'm planning on replacing the door panels to eliminate the holes later.

The kit does appear to go in pretty easy, if it weren't for the rain and the holidays, my kit would already be done. Really nice kit, and Chris preps the components to fit right into the 914. smilie_pokal.gif I've spent about 2 hours studying the kit and would expect that the install should only take about 8 hours at the most, including the 2 hours, even for me (I have a tendency to overthink things).

I was going to wait until I was finished to post, I'll be back here soon.

Eric

Well?!?!?!

How'd it work out? Don't leave uys hangin...
ewdysar
So it's a another case of "while I'm in there". I ordered a full set of seals and fuzzies, and I haven't ordered sound mat yet. And the car is going to go in for steel flare installation soon and I'm debating having the whole interior stripped for that so they can install the engman inner long kit. I should probably install the new fusebox before I go to wire in the PW kit...

As you can guess, the kit is still in the box. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

In the mean time, I'm building kitchen cabinets so the wife can have a dishwasher, and I'm out of town for the next two weekends.

Did I mention that my 914 was off the street for 13 years while I converted to V8? Man I suck at this...
Chris914n6
Sorry about the tardiness, forum stopped telling me I had new posts.

I should clarify- the kit will work with door speakers if you move the motors to a different place. I didn't think anyone would try without telling me that was what they were going to do, so I could pass along the changes from the standard instructions.

Uses stock lifting mech, which should work with low effort.

Still available and able to go to Canada for an extra $5.00 for shipping.
Grimstead
Hi Chris,
Do you have any other pictures you can post? I understand you are hesitant about posting install pictures but anything you have (like switch placement) would be great.
Thanks,
Bill

PS, what about a 3switch kit (to do both windows from the driver’s side)?
Chris914n6
Door pods on panels. 2 switches on drivers, 1 (or 2) on pass.
Chris914n6
My original center cushion/console install. I forget what the red/black wires under the corner went to but it's not part of the p/w install.
Chris914n6
If you're really good... this one's owner does custom aircraft interiors. You've seen this car at WCC04 and pretty sure WCC05.
I can include 3 switches and 2-1 harnesses upon request. Switch holders come; seperate, end-to-end, or side-to-side.
rufio0205
can they be mounted next to the defroster lever? i'd be interested if it could be
Bernard
[size=4] Are these still available? Bernard confused24.gif
jim_hoyland
There is a thread on power window installation with lots of pictures.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...05&hl=power window&st=0

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.