Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: installing door glass AND windshield seal....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jk76.914
Well, it's about time I installed the door glass in my '76. I removed it 5 years ago this month! Also, I need to install the windshield perimeter seal as well.

I have all the parts. As it came apart, back in '02, I bought any replacements that I needed, so I think I'm all set.

Anyway, my question is this- do I install the door glass first, and then somehow use its location to position the chrome channels for the windshield seal? Or do I install the windshield seal and use the slight adjustability of the side window channels to bring it all in alignment?

I see that the holes in the channels are oblong, so there's some left and right adjustment to their position. I don't want to get it all together with my NOS windshield/top/door seal, only to have to remove it to reposition the channel, and risk tearing the seal (worth its weight in gold, it seems).

Thanks for the advice!
Jim

john rogers
When I have this I used your second choice. I do the window framing and get it lined up with no glass and then put the glass in. The bottom of the glass was a very tight fit on the doors I have done and things needed to be in place before glass install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.