Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going Backwards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
I have a chance to pick up a 71 911 (no motor or trans). has anyone every put a Type 4 engine/trans into a 911? What problems could be incountered?

Why you ask? Cause I have the engine and trans and don't have $7-8K to spend on one. smile.gif
Jeroen
The factory did it with the 912E, so it is possible...
You might have a problem with the exhaust system though (if you want heat)

cheers,

Jeroen
Jake Raby
Itcan be done..... but the gearing is wrong...
Joe Bob
tony.bray@peregrine.com

Did it to an early 912.....changed the trans.
Brad Roberts
If things work out right.. you may see more 911's with T4's. Come on Jake.. we need a 3.0 T4.

I think a 7:31 early 915 would be the way to go with a 2056 with a nice cam.

B
Jake Raby
As long as we make that 915 conversion flywheel.
Joe Bob
A nice 67 912 just went on sale here local...5K. BTW Kennedy Eng already makes the flywheel....and the early 912s are a 901 trans....
need4speed
I think I have a "912" badge sitting around somewhere from when I put my 1600cc T1 912 engine in the Ghia. I was contemplating putting that on the decklid, but good taste won out.
Britain Smith
I am currently working on putting a 2.3L Turbo Type-4 in the back of my 912. The project has to go through now as I sold my nice 912 engine in the quest for more power.

About that flywheel...are you sure they make a flywheel for the 915 with the type-4 mounting? I am currently in the market for an early 915 tranny.

-Britain
airsix
I would be willing to help anyone with a running 911 do a type-iv conversion. I'll supply the type-iv and will even haul off the old six for you.

-Ben M.
seanery
Ben,

You're a helluva guy!
Joe Bob
http://www.kennedyeng.com/

Call them and ask....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Dec 5 2003, 09:43 AM)
About that flywheel...are you sure they make a flywheel for the 915 with the type-4 mounting?

used to be a factory part, no idea if they're still available, or if tyhere were bellhousing changes on the 'E (i remember -something- about that, can't recall details...)

takes clutch pressure plate 901.116.001.01 and clutch disc 914.116.011.01 - flywheel 022.105.273.A
airsix
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 5 2003, 10:02 AM)
Ben,

You're a helluva guy!

Thanks. I do what I can. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.