Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4-29-07 Hershey PA Autocross (Vid)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
yarin
I ended up staying for the Hershey autocross with CPA-PCA. Gorgeous lot! Really huge and very smooth, the best i've ever run on. Unfortunately Hershey requires them to be off the lot by 1pm, so we only got 4 runs. I think they are restructing or have new people running the show. Totally different style of event than anything else i've ever run. One 1-2 cars on the course at once, open work assignments, no trophy ceremony, limited to 60 cars, kind of informal overall.

Still had fun with a few 914 guys. I grabbed some in car footage, here is the link:
http://stage6.divx.com/user/yarink/video/1...rshey,-PA-AutoX

Congrats to Leo for taking 1st in D class! They stick all Porsche's in 4 classes, A B C D. Race tires bump you up a class. They incorrectly put me in A, later admitted they were wrong.

Ray and his son tore it up for the first time ever.

Sorry I didn't take any pics. So for anyone who is considering going to this autox instead of another one on the same day.. i'd pick the other option. I should have gone to the NNJR autoX. OH well.

Cheers
rmital
QUOTE(yarin @ Apr 30 2007, 08:12 AM) *

Ray(rmital) and his son tore it up for the first time ever.

Wrong Ray....I only wish it was me...I was at the Meadowlands though.
turboman808
The divx quality looks really good. I'm gonna have to check this out further.

I just keep capturing footage and not doing anything with it. I should post up a little something.
yarin
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Apr 30 2007, 03:58 PM) *

The divx quality looks really good. I'm gonna have to check this out further.

I just keep capturing footage and not doing anything with it. I should post up a little something.

Yea its pretty damn good for web streaming. Google video and youtube suck, quality is terrible.

It's really easy to do. Convert your movies to divx using Dr. Divx 2.0 (free). They upload to stage 6. The files are pretty small. a 5 min vid may take up like 60mb.

Give it a shot...
914forme
Who made your tow bar?
yarin
QUOTE(914forme @ May 1 2007, 01:31 PM) *

Who made your tow bar?

Tow Bar adapter plate from Rennenmetal.
EMPI Super Beetle Tow Bar.

I used an 8" drop ball mount. 2" Ball. Works really well. I've put about 800 miles on it over the last month. Just unlock the steering, car in neutral and GO.
turboman808
Took awhile to figure out what I need to do to make all the programs happy. But HD down to DV widescreen then import into Dr Divx then upload.

But here I put a video of the car I fell in love with Sunday biggrin.gif
Came out pretty good I think. Just wish I got in car shots

http://stage6.divx.com/user/turboman808/video/1210886/GT3-RS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.