Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Microsquirt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Can somoen on eeducate me on Microsquirt? I checked out the .info page on it last night. Are people using it yet? It is basically a megasquirt II system in a smaller box that you don't assemble, right? Or am I off.

I heard lots of folks talking about it over the weekend, and I would like to know more. When my engine gets enbiggerated, I am going to need some way to provide fuel. I was thinking carbs, but lots of people were saying to go micro.

Zach
toon1
Even though I am on the ignore list I will put in my own .02c.

Micro is cool it's basically the same a MSII. THere are a few different features, you will have the capability of 2 vr inputs, which would not really be usefull for our cars but one VR will work. It is waterproof and comes fully assembled, you mentioned that. It will have the high current driver, that will give you the ability to run the stock coil lock out the dizzy. and control spark, very usefull.

There are some things that are not avail. on micro that are avail. on mega, off hand I don't remember what but the site explaines what they are.

The price is going to be around 380- 400 bucks. They are not avail. yet but will be soon. For the price, you are close to getting a Mega. MII fully assembled. You might want to keep an eye out lno the MS classifieds, used MSII's pop up from time to time for a good price. good luck

Keith

yarin
I have a my MEGAsquirt setup running all day showing people how it works and how i installed it.

Microsquirt is intended for restricted space applications. We have plenty of room in our cars for the box. I don't see a point in going with microsquirt with the exception of the amp-seal connection. You lose a few options as well.

You can buy a fully assembled megasquirt. Check out this vendor: www.diyautotune.com

toon1
what do you want to do with MS??

fuel only?
fuel and spark?( recomended, there are a couple of cheap options)

what are your price restrictions? what is your computer knowladge?

what is your comprehension of fuel injection( you will learn with an MS install)?

What is the price of a carb conversion?

we can answer you ?'s and concerns if you answer those ?'s.

Keith
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(toon1 @ Apr 30 2007, 02:42 PM) *

what do you want to do with MS??

fuel only?
fuel and spark?( recomended, there are a couple of cheap options)

Fuel and spark.

what are your price restrictions? what is your computer knowladge?

CSOB. Under a grand. I am very handy around computers.

what is your comprehension of fuel injection( you will learn with an MS install)?

I understand how it works, but have never torn into one.

What is the price of a carb conversion?

That depends. $500 -$1500 dependingon how thrifty you are.

we can answer you ?'s and concerns if you answer those ?'s.

Keith

toon1
I forgot to ask, do you want to assemble it ( not hard) or buy assembled?

for a grand you can go full out and get top of the line, everything.

You could easily do a convert for $500 w/ 02 sensor and relay board( recomended but not necassary)

MSII will control F&S, and will come with everything you need to build it that way.

MSI will control F&S with MSnS extra. MSnS extra is a download off the MS site that gives the ability to run spark control and also has 12X12 arf, fuel and spark tables. If you order a MSI V3 kit a current/coil driver kit will need to be ordered(cheap). both,MSI and MSII will have VR sensor capability if you wanted to use a Ford EDIS system.

You can lock the Dizzy and use MS to control spark advance. This gives the ability to use the stock points (ignition for spark not the stock FI points) for a trigger for the timing advance.

The change over is not hard at all. A little time consuming. You will have to replace the TPS.that will need an adapter plate. All the other sensors on the engine can be used for MS.

There is alot more info avail, the Mega manual, on the MS site has a ton.

The advantage of MS over carbs. or the stock Fi is night and day.

Keith

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.