Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay Sucks! On topic rant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
I bought some 7 and 8 by 15 Fuchs last night from a seller with a BIN of $500. I get an email from ebay today informing me the seller has cancelled the sale. I'm sure he found out too late, that his price was under valued. He probably got an offer from one of the Fuchs pros on the bird board. When is an ebay deal a deal?

I can understand the guy got sellers remorse, but he should have done some homework, before he listed them. Bitch move in my opinion. I probably can't even leave negative feedback. It reminds me why I haven't been buying much there in the last few years.

davep
It may have been a typo he did not have time to correct before you bid. Still, a bummer none the less.
jonferns
well, you can either leave negative feedback...or....in the ebay terms and conditions it states that "when you bid or BIN it is a legal binding contract, between buyer and seller"...meaning the seller can pull the listing before anyone buys, but after you BIN, im pretty sure they cannot...what you can do, is since ebay doesnt have a phone #, email them, and tell them what happened....the seller will be suspended from ebay for a while....i've had plenty of trouble with ebay transactions, learn from experience.....biggrin.gif --JON
jasons
QUOTE(davep @ Apr 30 2007, 11:33 AM) *

It may have been a typo he did not have time to correct before you bid. Still, a bummer none the less.

Its definitely possible, and I can understand the mistake. But, I would be more sympathetic to that situation if he would have sent me an email with an explanation, prior to the cancellation.
kckoch
I've got some cherry 7's and 8's for sale on there now. Interested?
here is the ebay listing 140112937648
jasons
QUOTE(kckoch @ Apr 30 2007, 11:45 AM) *

I've got some cherry 7's and 8's for sale on there now. Interested?
here is the ebay listing 140112937648

Yes and no. I'm interested, but I'm cheap (I own a 914 remember) and I like scoring a deal. I can't see your auction from work, but if they are on ebay your probably going to get pretty good $ for them. I'll take a look later.
736conver
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 30 2007, 12:25 PM) *

I bought some 7 and 8 by 15 Fuchs last night from a seller with a BIN of $500. I get an email from ebay today informing me the seller has cancelled the sale. I'm sure he found out too late, that his price was under valued. He probably got an offer from one of the Fuchs pros on the bird board. When is an ebay deal a deal?

I can understand the guy got sellers remorse, but he should have done some homework, before he listed them. Bitch move in my opinion. I probably can't even leave negative feedback. It reminds me why I haven't been buying much there in the last few years.

What is the link or the item #
kckoch

Yes and no. I'm interested, but I'm cheap (I own a 914 remember) and I like scoring a deal. I can't see your auction from work, but if they are on ebay your probably going to get pretty good $ for them. I'll take a look later.
[/quote]

BIN is $1450. I paid $2000 to have them done. I know it was steep, but I wanted perfect. My loss is someone's gain.
jasons
QUOTE(736conver @ Apr 30 2007, 11:52 AM) *

What is the link or the item #

220107815898 Its probably no longer valid now. I haven't looked at it, I'm locked out from ebay at work.
jonferns
yup..no longer valid...
736conver
Who was the seller.

I am just asking as a guy did this to me recently too. I'm wondering if its the same guy. PM me the name if you dont want to post it.
jasons
Ok, I should know better than to get upset too fast. Seller replied to an email I sent and said ebay cancelled his item because he stated cash as a payment option. Apparently, thats some kind of a no no.

Good news, our deal is still on. I hope this isn't some kind of new scam. idea.gif
jonferns
...watch out.....
736conver
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 30 2007, 01:32 PM) *

Ok, I should know better than to get upset too fast. Seller replied to an email I sent and said ebay cancelled his item because he stated cash as a payment option. Apparently, thats some kind of a no no.

Good news, our deal is still on. I hope this isn't some kind of new scam. idea.gif

Sounds funny..........what is his ebay id
kckoch
Watch out. I'd use Paypal to protect yourself!
kckoch
If it's legit, get him to re-list the item, and send you an offer to buy. It's easy, and covers your A**.
736conver
QUOTE(kckoch @ Apr 30 2007, 02:00 PM) *

If it's legit, get him to re-list the item, and send you an offer to buy. It's easy, and covers your A**.

Not if its a cash sale. All bets are off.

Paypal or credit card the only way to fly.
jasons
He listed paypal, MO, cash as payment options. I think he is legit, he has 100%, 58 positives, been a member for over 8 years. I think he is just a casual ebayer, no malice. I'm going to contact ebay and make sure thats why the auction was cancelled just to cover my ass. I plan to use paypal myself.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 30 2007, 10:25 AM) *

At least you didn't pay for something you never recieved.

I had the same experience with our own new luminary Dr. 914/AA! I won one of thier auctions for a rear inner wheel house (for a total steal), after one prior sucessful transaction, and they wouldn't honor the deal! They even threatened me with retalitory negative feedback if I gave them negative feedback, even though I had paid for the item, and even recieved a note saying they were going to ship it. What do you do? I don't know.
Marlow
Paypal only protects you so far, like $175, after that if there's no money in the seller's account you're screwed (ask me how I know).

The safest way to buy on Ebay is to use a Credit Card (not debit) through Paypal, that way if Paypal decides a dispute incorrectly in the seller's favor you can dispute the charges through your CC company (which is typically on your side, not Paypal's or the seller's).

I would never pay for anything on Ebay with cash. Just because he's got 58 feedback and 100% positive doesn't mean someone hasn't hijacked his account (do a search it's happened to one of the members). If you can't pick up the items and pay in person you're taking a HUGE risk!
tracks914
I'd pay cash only if it was local and I could pick the item up!!
Allan
I looked at his transactions and they look legit with good feed-back. I can't offer an opinion based on that other than he's okay.

Wanna buy some seals from GWN7?

I'll send them to you, mmm,

Someday.....
jasons
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 30 2007, 07:31 PM) *

I looked at his transactions and they look legit with good feed-back. I can't offer an opinion based on that other than he's okay.

How did you look at his transactions?
porschecb
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 30 2007, 07:01 PM) *

Is this a trick question?
jasons
QUOTE(porschecb @ Apr 30 2007, 08:44 PM) *

No seriously, what am I missing?
porschecb
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 30 2007, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(porschecb @ Apr 30 2007, 08:44 PM) *

No seriously, what am I missing?

just click on the number next to the users name on the right hand side and it will show a list of feedback left by other users and provide a link to the more recent items bought and sold by that user.
jasons
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 1 2007, 09:14 AM) *

just click on the number next to the users name on the right hand side and it will show a list of feedback left by other users and provide a link to the more recent items bought and sold by that user.

Well Ok, I know that. But how can you find the seller with the item number I provided? The auction is invalid, and doesn't come up anymore. I know who the seller is, but I haven't provided his name here. Just the item num which is a dead auction.
sww914
The auction is back up with a buy it now of $1450.00.
Dickhead realized he screwed the price up and relisted them.
I've had nothing but problems with ebay sellers from Florida.
I won't even bid on anything from there anymore.
jasons
QUOTE(sww914 @ May 1 2007, 10:38 AM) *

The auction is back up with a buy it now of $1450.00.
Dickhead realized he screwed the price up and relisted them.
I've had nothing but problems with ebay sellers from Florida.
I won't even bid on anything from there anymore.

I think you are looking at the wrong item num. I bet you are looking at KC Koch's wheels. He offered them to me here and posted the item num.

His wheels = item 140112937648
My wheels = item 220107815898
sww914
oops!
I suck.
Sorry, Mr Koch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.