Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse Light Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
I'm in need of the pins for the wiring that fits into the reverse light switch. I see AA has them, I'm wondering if those are the correct pins that connect to the wiring that plugs into the switch. I have the switch, but the outside wiring has no pin connectors so the wiring will plug into the switch.
McMark
The CSOB fix is to use some standard 'bullet connectors'.

IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 30 2007, 05:07 PM) *

IPB Image

Readily available "crimp on" bullet connectors don't come in the right size. You need the German solder on type. I've not seen the type pictured. The Cap'n
yarin
My reverse light switch connector was chipped and all stripped. So I just soldered two wires into the female plugs. Threw a few layers of shrink tube on it and filled the cavity with RTV.. good as new.
StratPlayer
I ordered some from AA and the boot that covers that switch as well. I'll let ya know if the pins are the correct ones.
John
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 30 2007, 05:11 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 30 2007, 05:07 PM) *

IPB Image

Readily available "crimp on" bullet connectors don't come in the right size. You need the German solder on type. I've not seen the type pictured. The Cap'n

Those do indeed work well. No need for "German" types. The commonly available crimp on/solder on "bullet" connectors available at your FLAPS do work.

If you don't believe it, I'll have to take a picture.

Wait, anyone want to make large wagers on this?

just my $0.02
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.