Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back and the car is going to get running
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72Signal914
Hey guys, it's been a long while since I've been on the board, school is pretty hectic. We recently moved to Siesta Key and the parents said that they would get the car up and running for me beerchug.gif . Just have some questions for anyone who is willing to give me info. Locals HELP!!!

First off the car has sat for the last 3 1/2 years and rarely started up (Not my choice, my mom can be a bitch). The only place that I know of down there would be the Porsche dealer to check it out and they'll charge an arm and a leg. I'm sure if I look up a classic European car mechanic that would be good but I want a quality job that is reputable. Also, if any of you car geeks want to let me know of the possible problems to look for for a car that has been sitting that would be greatly appreciated so we don't get ripped off for shit that we don't need.

My girlfriend's dad has a 914 over in the Palm Beach area and said to check out AACA (Antique Auto Club of America?) and find a mechanic through there. Yeh's or Neh's

Second, during the trip down on the car carrier my front spoiler got cracked and my parents are willing to get me a new one (Thank God, I was F***'n pissed). So anywhere I can find a Special Edition spoiler for a reasonable price that would be good. I think Pelican has it for $70 for something around there.

Another question that I was pondering was the windshield. I know that it is a true glass windshield (or from what I've been told). It has not been replaced since the car left Germany. It's pretty foggy and rock chips are annoying. So the question is what would be the cost of getting it replaced with safer windshield that newer cars have (another reason my mom didn't like it sad.gif )

Thanks guys for the help and hopefully I can be on here a little bit more.

PEACE!!
McMark
Original glass is good and safe. It stopped a deer from breaking through at me!
URY914
Hey,
Good to hear from you, we hung out at the Parade together.

Do you get the local PCA rag from the Suncoast region? There are several local shops which run ads. Let me know and I can give you names and numbers if you need it.

BTW, your car has safety glass already.

Paul
72Signal914
Yeah I was actually going to e-mail you to say hey, and I remembered the one guy we were with, I forgot his name, that was going to give me the heat exchangers. I haven't switched regions yet, we moved 3 weeks ago and I'm still in G'ville. Once I switch over I'll start getting the newsletters and I'll check it out. I probably won't be able to bring it up to Tampa or around there since I don't have a car trailer. Maybe over my winter break we could get together or schedule a Tampa Bay Breaksfast/Lunch meeting with the guys around there. Don't know, I'm hoping it will be up by Spring Break. I am closer though and want to drive it around Sarasota aktion035.gif
URY914
Sarasota is in the Suncoast region. So there will be some shops close to you. I live a mile off I-75. Stop by on your way home one weekend.

Paul
72Signal914
Has your cell number changed at all, if it has drop me a PM, and which exit off I-75
r_towle
Mark,
That was no deer, that was a really hungry bear trying to pry that F'ing burger away from your mouth.
McMark
Mmmm, burger.
ChrisReale
got a pic of the deer?
URY914
Mike,
Cell # is the same. I live off the Fowler Ave exit.

I found two shops in your area. One in Sarasota and one in Bradenton. Both have an ad in the local PCA newsletter/mag.

Paul
redshift
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Dec 5 2003, 02:11 AM)
Mmmm, burger.

I knew Ronald McDonald, and you sir are no Ronald McDonald.

M
swood
Mmmmmmmmm...deer burger better!!
McMark
I've never had venison, but I really like a big ol' buffalo burger!
seanery
Mark,

Great place to have buffalo burg's is No Name Saloon in Park City, UT.

YUM, YUM! wub.gif
72Signal914
I had Buffalo Ribs at a Game restuarant in Jackson Hole. Oh man were they good. I could only finish 2 out of the 3 they gave me cause they're fucking huge. The womans yelling at me to get going. pissoff.gif
Eric_Shea
Great place to have buffalo burg's is No Name Saloon in Park City, UT.

If'n any of you wieners come to Utah and don't give us a shout out there'll be hell to pay.
seanery
Eric,

I spent a couple days in Sandy in Oct/Nov. I didn't have any free time. I was slave labor for a friend moving from Pasadena to Park City (jeremy ranch, actually). Her mom lives in Sandy, so we stayed there while getting the house ready.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.